Thread: Kimbo

Starter

Kimbo

what the hell was that? Did that punch look THAT damaging to you guys? I kind of felt bad for dude, you could tell he was trying to get up but his body wasnt letting him...at first i thought it was a knee or something but on replay it was just a straight right. I have only seen a few of the YouTube fights with Kimbo and some of them cats looked serious, i would imaging he would have been hit harder than that in his career.

anyone else see the fight?

Gina Carano did a good job, that chick is hot......

Re: Kimbo

I'm still not sure about the ref stopping that one. Even though he got rocked a bit the other guy wasn't exactly landing huge blows even with Kimbo down. Maybe it's because it's not my head but I would have liked to see if Kimbo could have come out of it.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

Pro Bowler

What a fiasco!! The whole Shamrock having to back out was such a killjoy.

What was the reason for Shamrock backing out? I tuned in just after Ohio State sealed
    the win and they mentioned something about Shamrock not fighting, but they did not say
    why.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I'm still not sure about the ref stopping that one. Even though he got rocked a bit the other guy wasn't exactly landing huge blows even with Kimbo down. Maybe it's because it's not my head but I would have liked to see if Kimbo could have come out of it.
    Ref had to stop the bout. Dude was laying there taking hits to the face and clearly not defending himself. He's gone from his knees to laying on the gorund. And Petruzelli had such a dominant position he would have kept Kimbo down, pounding on him until the end of the round. Slice wasn't coming back - no chance.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    What was the reason for Shamrock backing out?
    from what i understand he got a cut over his eye training pre-fight so they had to get Petrozulli (sp?) who was featured on the non-telivised undercard to step up and fight Slice. not 100% though....

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoscott

Gina Carano did a good job, that chick is hot......
    I wish I was at the weigh in for the fight...

http://blogs.chron.com/fighting/2008/10 ... _make.html

Kimbo got chumped. What a blow to his career. He was on the fast track to start squaring off with the legit contenders. I guess there's always the streets of Miami to brawl in.

Kimbo was a joke from Day 1, and was a pure Sideshow act.

Ghettoscott, it may not have looked that bad, but on those YouTube videos, Kimbo was going against street thugs, not a professional fighter who is a former US Karate Champion, K-1 kickboxer, and someone who actually knows how to put their entire body behind a punch.

It was the little front kick Petruzelli gave him that set it all up; the kick came and Kimbo led with his head and didn't even bother to try to cover up or protect himself. Whenever a guy that big leans over like that, he's badly off balance anyways, and as a result of that, the little quick right to the jaw was enough to stun him and knock him over. Very bad mistake by a very inexperienced fighter.

The scary thing is that Kimbo had this done to him by a guy who was a loser in K-1, and was fired from the UFC for sucking. Imagine if he would've actually gone up against someone who was talented?