Dependability + Loyalty = Integrity.

Re: Best two qualities in life.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG FAN
    Arguably.

Dependability.
    Loyalty.

Dependability + Loyalty = Integrity.

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

Not bad...and hard to argue with.

But, I can't say those two combined= integrity.

I would imagine many of Hitlers goons were both dependable and loyal.

If asked I would have to say...

1) The ability to truely love your neighbor...which includes selflessness and compassion.
    There are very few people that I believe have this trait. I personally strive for it and continually fall on my face...mainly because I'm more selfish than I would like to admit. I work on compassion by trying not to judge others and trying to treat everyone how I would like to be treated. Again, I usually fall miserably short. Last night I had the opportunity to do so with a convict that came into the ED obviously manipulating the system. I got an F in compassion last night.

2) I would probably agree with loyalty. Loyalty to one's family, friends, and loyalty to values that better society.

Some honorable mentions would be:
    -the ability to forgive (truely forgive because people will hurt you...intentionally or not).
    -the ability to accept forgiveness and make ammends to those you have hurt.
    -tight reign on one's tongue (or fingers in the cyber world) I am a true master of this trait.
    -the ability and desire to truely look at your own motives, actions and character.

BigFan...terrific post!

Hall of Famer

Love

Humility

Most other good qualities can be derived from these. And most other bad qualities will be avoided if you have these.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Love

Humility

Most other good qualities can be derived from these. And most other bad qualities will be avoided if you have these.
    Yep...I have to agree...and I am the Super Captain of Humility...an utter legend.

Hall of Famer

wrong
    conan
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!
    http://jeromiandbrittany.blogspot.com/

Earn Some Bitcoins

PBMining

http://www.qoinpro.com/91f8fc96f7dfd461f6483ab3950deccc

I am paying for my honeymoon using bitcoins.
    1PQsjF9rQqEWF8RfPzczyqCW6ULu1nZ3iu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    wrong
    conan
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!

Awesome! Birt, one of my all time favorite movie quotes... especially done with the AHHHRRnold accent.

Pro Bowler

Great post, BF!

And I have to agree with what you all said about great qualities in life. But something that no one has mentioned yet and I feel is also a great quality, is the ability to forgive. We're all human. And because of that, we're all going to screw up sooner or later. More often than not the people we tend to hurt are those we care about the most. When we realize that we eff'd up and tell someone we're sorry, it takes a strong individual to accept that apology and have the confidence that the person he or she is forgiving is truly sorry.

EDIT: I just noticed that SMG mentioned forgiveness in his post. I guess I'm guilty of not thoroughly reading the thread before posting. Can you guys forgive me??

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    Great post, BF!

And I have to agree with what you all said about great qualities in life. But something that no one has mentioned yet and I feel is also a great quality, is the ability to forgive. We're all human. And because of that, we're all going to screw up sooner or later. More often than not the people we tend to hurt are those we care about the most. When we realize that we eff'd up and tell someone we're sorry, it takes a strong individual to accept that apology and have the confidence that the person he or she is forgiving is truly sorry.

EDIT: I just noticed that SMG mentioned forgiveness in his post. I guess I'm guilty of not thoroughly reading the thread before posting. Can you guys forgive me??
    No, I hope that helps.