Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Ben now questionable

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Big Ben now questionable

According to kdka he was limited in practice and is questionable. This might not be good.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Re: Big Ben now questionable

Agreed, brother. Scary... and if Lefty is inserted, I don't think he'll perform well under the scrutiny of his former fans. Or he might just be a guy out to prove something and have a stellar payback game.

Hall of Famer

if ben doesnt play then they will lose. he is way too important. this is awful news now my day is ruined.

3-2 going into the bye week and the NFL regular season is a marathon. Maybe, they let him sit to get the extra week to heal. Parker will probably be back after the bye as well, along with Casey and Kiesel.

Go and give it their best shot with healthy bodies and let the horses mend for the rest of the season.

I'm sure if Ben can go though, he'll play, but, sitting him might not be a bad idea or give him a couple series and see how the line is holding up.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Hall of Famer

the worst thing that could happen is he plays and hurts his shoulder even more. then he will be missing more than one game

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    the worst thing that could happen is he plays and hurts his shoulder even more. then he will be missing more than one game

good point-

on top of that, byron the statue would love to have a chance to beat his old team... and his knowledge of their scheme and calls may actually give him an advantage.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Agreed, brother. Scary... and if Lefty is inserted, I don't think he'll perform well under the scrutiny of his former fans. Or he might just be a guy out to prove something and have a stellar payback game.
    Exactly!!! I was thinking this earlier in the week when Ben wasn't practicing but didn't want to say anything.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL

good point-

on top of that, byron the statue would love to have a chance to beat his old team... and his knowledge of their scheme and calls may actually give him an advantage.
    oh god that right there is why its so scary not having ben play. leftwich i like for a back up but he cant get out of the pocket and he is so slow. with the o-line problems you need a qb that can get away from sacks

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL

good point-

oh god that right there is why its so scary not having ben play. leftwich i like for a back up but he cant get out of the pocket and he is so slow. with the o-line problems you need a qb that can get away from sacks
    yeah, i know- it does pose the potential for an absolute nightmare...

but- look at it this way... aside from playing cincinnati, what other game would you rather have to start leftwhich in???

see, grasshopper... glass, it can be half full!

We better suit up Dixon, even if Ben starts, because Lefty will go down hard if the Jags blitz.

(Caution, heretical thought to follow):

Maybe even have Dixon be our #2?

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!