Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I guarentee a Steelers WIN...

Backup

User Info Menu

I guarentee a Steelers WIN...

Steelers 27 Jags 10

Steelers will show why they are still a SB contender!!!

Still, this is not Ant Smith.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: I guarentee a Steelers WIN...

Quote Originally Posted by SMASHMOUTHFOOTBALL
    Steelers 27 Jags 10

i wish i could have the same optimisim as you do. imo the way the offense has played in the last two games do i think the steelers are even close to a sb contender. i have a bad feeling about this game. injuries, short week, on the road playing a team that handles the steelers well. at least jax has problems getting sacks and can be thrown on. jax does have their own issues on the o-line but still, im not sure thats enough though

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Steelers 27 Jags 10

i wish i could have the same optimisim as you do. imo the way the offense has played in the last two games do i think the steelers are even close to a sb contender. i have a bad feeling about this game. injuries, short week, on the road playing a team that handles the steelers well. at least jax has problems getting sacks and can be thrown on. jax does have their own issues on the o-line but still, im not sure thats enough though

If it makes you feel better, I guarenteed a win last week 23-13. Also our 0-line didn't give up a sack in the 2nd half. We need to beat Jax--Its been to long!

Starter

User Info Menu

i think that the team has the ability to beat Jax, ...

but

this is one of those games ... i would not be surprised to see them come out completely flat after the tough game against baltimore.

also

i don't have much faith in Arians to devise a competent game plan...

i think Jax will overload playing the pass- knowing that the steelers running threat is highly limited. - and while they are not designed personnel wise like philly- i do think the steelers are going to see a lot of twists, stunts, dogs- and blitzes to confuse the offensive line. ( particularly if they line up in the trips/bunch formation which puts everyone except the FS and the off CB within 5-7 yards of the qb. )

i have said every game this season that the steelers need to go with some form of spread offense- and that still holds true. Mewelde Moore can play the single back role. so can davenport

Defensively, the steelers should be ok- Jax will try to take advantage of the injuries to the Steelers dLine- but they have their own injuries on the oLine to deal with.
    Unless Jax shows two backs in the backfield consistently - i'd expect to see the steelers primarily in some version of nickle- with timmons in (particularly when Jone-Drew is in the game) to counter their speed at RB and tendencies to run screens and swing passes.

anyway- the steelers definitely have the ability to win this game- (and they may based upon some big defensive plays) but i am very concerned about them being prepared to win this game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Steelers 27 Jags 10

If it makes you feel better, I guarenteed a win last week 23-13. Also our 0-line didn't give up a sack in the 2nd half. We need to beat Jax--Its been to long!
    no it really doesnt. i thought the steelers were going to win last week by at least two td's and the offense did nothing in the first half. we do need to beat jax not only has it been a long time but it would distance us from the ravens by another game. that is if tenn does beat baltimore which they should

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    i think that the team has the ability to beat Jax, ...

but

this is one of those games ... i would not be surprised to see them come out completely flat after the tough game against baltimore.

also

i don't have much faith in Arians to devise a competent game plan...

i think Jax will overload playing the pass- knowing that the steelers running threat is highly limited. - and while they are not designed personnel wise like philly- i do think the steelers are going to see a lot of twists, stunts, dogs- and blitzes to confuse the offensive line. ( particularly if they line up in the trips/bunch formation which puts everyone except the FS and the off CB within 5-7 yards of the qb. )

i have said every game this season that the steelers need to go with some form of spread offense- and that still holds true. Mewelde Moore can play the single back role. so can davenport

Defensively, the steelers should be ok- Jax will try to take advantage of the injuries to the Steelers dLine- but they have their own injuries on the oLine to deal with.
    Unless Jax shows two backs in the backfield consistently - i'd expect to see the steelers primarily in some version of nickle- with timmons in (particularly when Jone-Drew is in the game) to counter their speed at RB and tendencies to run screens and swing passes.

anyway- the steelers definitely have the ability to win this game- (and they may based upon some big defensive plays) but i am very concerned about them being prepared to win this game.
    I worry about the players physical condition.

With the short week, I also am concerned about Arian not having enough time to put together an effective game plan. (Attn: That last comment was sarcasm).
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like your optimism SMF. I have said since before training camp, this is the one game we WILL win! If we can't get up for this game...I mean they came into our house and ended our season last year. That is motivation enough.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I too am not seeing W this weekend. Our OL is going to cost us even more this game. Until they fix the problems, who knows what OL will show up? Right now the OL opens no holes for the RBs, and now they're falling like flies, all we have left is MM our 3rd down back. We've signed players we cut in the past to help out, but now we are filling with back ups again. The OL provides very little if any protection for Ben on passing plays. Our QB has been hammered from all directions. The Jags have had a week to practice for our no huddle, they know our weaknesses, they know where our strengths are. We're a wounded team, our LOS is void most of it's talent on the OL, and the DL has no one left. This is not good, disaster in the making. We could win, but I doubt it.

Legend

User Info Menu

SMF--I agree with you and think your score is in the ballpark. I predict 24-13.

In the rush show how smart they are and to find fault in everything about the Steelers posters forget there is another team we will be playing that has as many serious issues as we do. Their OL is playing possibly 3 back ups, they have no top notch WR, they are down to 3 healthy DBs, and their rookie pass rushers can't generate pressure but in the world of woe is us it is all about the Steelers' problems.

This will be a tough physical game as it always is, but we have more weapons on offense and we have a much better and healthier defense across the board than the jags. We will compete and we will come out on top.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think payback is long overdue with this once divisional foe. I don't know about the score posted but I likewise think that this team will show up on the PrimeTime stage and show the rest of the league what their made of. People forget that the Jags have just as many walking wounded as we do. Garrard hasn't shown any consistency this year. The only thing that keeps the Jacksonville locomotive chugging is our 1-2 punch of Taylor and Jones-Drew, arguably the best ground game tandem in the NFL next to Barber-Jones or Tomlinson-Sproles.

I think our front 7 have been playing lights out regardless of the attrition we've had from the injury bug. I think our secondary has really flourished with the increased production of our passrush. This game will be ours. We just need to execute the diversity in play calling like we showed in the last part of the 3rd quarter and 4th quarter this past Monday night. I would like for our O to be able to put together a complete drive and really give our D a bit of a rest.

Agreed. Steeler Win: 20-6