Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Ben misses practice again today

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Re: Big Ben misses practice again today

Quote Originally Posted by Rickt011
    Yeah it's going to be a long hard fought battle that I believe we lose. Comes a point in time when too many back ups starting turns a team from quality to average or below, and we're pushing the point. 4 games in and we have backups starting for backups. Not good, we got some problems and no back ups worth a darn.
    True, true...but Jax has been hit hard with injuries as well, particular on the interior of their o-line. I think it will be a close, hard-fought game right down to the end. Could go either way. I hope we are able to pull it out...but we'll see...that is why they play the game. Go Steelers! Beat those Jagoffs!!!

4-1 going into a much needed bye? I'll take that any day. Coming off the bye, we have some games that we can build some momentum before the really nasty part of our schedule.

I hope I'm wrong on this one, but, I think the lack of depth on the defensive line may be the undoing of the Steeler season. Jax is physical, NY Giants are physical, Ravens II, Dallas, Eagles, Washington and Ravens I are physical. Even though some key players form other teams are out the schedule is loaded with teams that like to hit.

The Steelers are getting hit with the injury bug, hopefully, some guys can get healthy after the Jags game. Or, they'll be scouring practice squads looking for players.

Attrition may be the Steelers enemy and not the opponent.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll