Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    Round 1: DL, hopefully Moala
    Round 2: OL/C, Alex Mack?
    Round 3: CB to replace McFadeen who is unlikely to be here
    Round 3 Comp (for Faneca): DL
    Round 4: OL

After that best players available

why dont you think mcfadden will be re-signed? i would think they would have a lot of room under the cap next year
    CB tends to break the bank and the value that McFadden will demand goes up with every game he starts. His new agent is also known for getting top dollar. I think the chances of McFadden returning are less than 50/50 unless he just wants to be a Steeler. This is where not negotiating during the season is a dumb business move for the organization because we have total control over the negotiating rights unlike what will happen in February when the feeding frenzy starts.

I'm not sure we have all that much cap because we need to resign either Smith or Kemo and tag the other. We also have to get Hines to redo his contract and should probably start thinking about extending Santonio, Harrison, Colon and possibly Woodley.
    cb's do get huge pay day's but i think bmac has to have a pro bowl year to get in the range of the higher paid cb's in the nfl. what has he really done before this year? i mean he has shown flashes but thats it. i forgot about holmes, they should definetly be extending his contract soon. who is bmac's agent? its not rosenhaus is it? i will be very dissapointed if they do lose him, but you cant afford to lose woodley or harrison. i really think they should get rid of simmons. that would help some, but they also have to sign kemo. i agree its so stupid not negotiating during the season. that is my only real complaint i have about the dan rooney
    Bmac switched his agent to Drew Rosenhaus this past summer. He's a goner!
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler

Re: As of Now: Best draft picks for the Steelers '09

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112

The way the draft would be cool if it went down:
    1. Duke Robinson-will move to OT
    2. Pannel Egboh-DE for us
    3. "Mount" Terrence Cody- DT
    3. Eric Wood- OC/OG
    4. Curtis Taylor- S

I'd also like to get a FB and another OL...and maybe an ILB.
    Pretty good draft. As for FB's you could take Jorvorskie Lane, I think he had like 19 TD's one season. He would be great for any goal line/short yardage situations plus he should be around in the 5th. I'm actually hoping he drops to us in that round in my mock:

1st Round - George Selvie, DE, USF
    2nd Round - Alex Mack, C, California
    3rd Round - Darry Beckwith, ILB, LSU or Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina
    3rd Round (Comp for Justin Smith) - Fenuki Tupou, OT, Oregon
    4th Round -
    5th Round - Jorvorskie Lane, FB, Texas A&M
    6th Round -
    6th Round (Comp for Landon Johnson)-
    7th Round -

Still contemplating some picks...

Nooooooo ... not mock drafts already.

<a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by Jom112
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112

The way the draft would be cool if it went down:
    1. Duke Robinson-will move to OT
    2. Pannel Egboh-DE for us
    3. "Mount" Terrence Cody- DT
    3. Eric Wood- OC/OG
    4. Curtis Taylor- S

I'd also like to get a FB and another OL...and maybe an ILB.
    Pretty good draft. As for FB's you could take Jorvorskie Lane, I think he had like 19 TD's one season. He would be great for any goal line/short yardage situations plus he should be around in the 5th. I'm actually hoping he drops to us in that round in my mock:

1st Round - George Selvie, DE, USF
    2nd Round - Alex Mack, C, California
    3rd Round - Darry Beckwith, ILB, LSU or Jasper Brinkley, ILB, South Carolina
    3rd Round (Comp for Justin Smith) - Fenuki Tupou, OT, Oregon
    4th Round -
    5th Round - Jorvorskie Lane, FB, Texas A&M
    6th Round -
    6th Round (Comp for Landon Johnson)-
    7th Round -

Still contemplating some picks...
    Jom the problem with these picks is that I don't think any of them have character issues/arrests. I think you gotta mix in at least two with your remaining open spots.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85

Good god that kid must've watched that Al Davis press conference...that'll scare the bejesus (?) out of anyone.

As for mock drafts...its never too early (i guess for fans it could be). But our scouts/coaching staff needs to be watching these kids play and start formulating some high level ideas...no? Always good to have a plan...even if its high level.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek

Jom the problem with these picks is that I don't think any of them have character issues/arrests. I think you gotta mix in at least two with your remaining open spots.
    So in the 3rd round instead of Beckwith or Jasper I could see Mike Brown going for Dannell Ellerbe (ILB from Georgia) instead. I originally was thinking of mocking us to select him but he's got a checked past. So while I remove him from my draft board, Mike Brown probably has him ranked higher on his.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if we drafted Ellerbe. I mean we just have such great luck with LB's with legal troubles from Georgia you know...

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    It's not too early for me...

Hall of Famer

Round 1: DL, hopefully Moala
    Round 2: OL/C, Alex Mack?
    Round 3: CB to replace McFadeen who is unlikely to be here
    Round 3 Comp (for Faneca): DL
    Round 4: OL

After that best players available

why dont you think mcfadden will be re-signed? i would think they would have a lot of room under the cap next year
    CB tends to break the bank and the value that McFadden will demand goes up with every game he starts. His new agent is also known for getting top dollar. I think the chances of McFadden returning are less than 50/50 unless he just wants to be a Steeler. This is where not negotiating during the season is a dumb business move for the organization because we have total control over the negotiating rights unlike what will happen in February when the feeding frenzy starts.

I'm not sure we have all that much cap because we need to resign either Smith or Kemo and tag the other. We also have to get Hines to redo his contract and should probably start thinking about extending Santonio, Harrison, Colon and possibly Woodley.
    cb's do get huge pay day's but i think bmac has to have a pro bowl year to get in the range of the higher paid cb's in the nfl. what has he really done before this year? i mean he has shown flashes but thats it. i forgot about holmes, they should definetly be extending his contract soon. who is bmac's agent? its not rosenhaus is it? i will be very dissapointed if they do lose him, but you cant afford to lose woodley or harrison. i really think they should get rid of simmons. that would help some, but they also have to sign kemo. i agree its so stupid not negotiating during the season. that is my only real complaint i have about the dan rooney
    Bmac switched his agent to Drew Rosenhaus this past summer. He's a goner!
    oh know it is rosenhaus!!! your right he is as good as gone now

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Why would you draft Robinson and move him to tackle rather than a pure OT? We are going to need him to play probably,right away.

I would be concerned about him making both the transition to NFL AND a position change at once ... unless it is coupled with signing a stopgap OT for a year or so.
    That is extactly what I was thinking. While some OGs make a successful transition to OTs I would much rather have a pure OT.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Why would you draft Robinson and move him to tackle rather than a pure OT? We are going to need him to play probably,right away.

I would be concerned about him making both the transition to NFL AND a position change at once ... unless it is coupled with signing a stopgap OT for a year or so.
    That is extactly what I was thinking. While some OGs make a successful transition to OTs I would much rather have a pure OT.
    We are deep at the interior OL with Hartwig, Stapleton, Kemo and Simmons. Add that Essex and Colon both could play the interior line if required. We need OTs which is why I see Simmons most likely being franchised. I see no reason we go for a Guard ahead of OT or Center.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy

We are deep at the interior OL with Hartwig, Stapleton, Kemo and Simmons. Add that Essex and Colon both could play the interior line if required. We need OTs which is why I see Simmons most likely being franchised. I see no reason we go for a Guard ahead of OT or Center.
    Simmons is locked up for next season. Only free agents get franchised.