Quote Originally Posted by Rickt011
Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
Quote Originally Posted by Rickt011
Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
The Trib site has been down all day so I guess the negativity needed to find an outlet somewhere
Are you so intimidated by someone not agreeing with you, that you can't handle someone thinking differently? There is no negativity, I just feel we lose 24-21.
I quit addressing stuff like that alot of times Rick. You were right about a LOT of things you said and you were bashed for it...and its still going on now.

I do hope you're wrong about this weekend though.

I hope we can win this one and the Cincy game and be 5-1 going into the rough stretch b/c with THIS OL and this offense right now we wont fair too well in those games. D will have to win them without a doubt.
In all fairness, Rick was "bashed" for suggesting the Steelers didn't try to do anything about the O line in the draft. We don't know that they didn't make an attempt to trade but couldn't find a trading partner that was willing to give equal value.

He was "bashed" for stating that they should have reached (not his word since he didn't see it as a reach) for the Steelers not taking O linemen where they took Mendy and Sweed. Benny, you know it would have been foolish for them to reach for O linemen in those spots when there were very valuable skill players available.

Lastly, the "bashing" continues because Rick brings the O line into nearly every post. Even in the game threads.

We all know there are issues with the O line!

Most people here are talking about what the Steelers can do about it now while Rick continues to harp about them being awful because nothing was done to address it during the draft.

The analogy I used, I think, is quite appropriate. Benny, did you ever do something because you didn't really have a choice but to do it that way, it didn't work out as you had hoped and your wife nags you about it...and continues to nag you about it incessantly after the fact when there is no way to go back in time and do it differently?

Now you get the idea.
I wasn't bashed for that! You don't have a clue do you? I never said reach for anyone, not once did I name a player we should have gone for. I was bashed because I didn't agree with the mainstream that the RB and WR were good for the team when at the close of the season our HC said the OL must be addressed. He didn't address it and I called for his job. Some of you feel I'm a troll now, that's kewl, I can deal with that, but at least talk the truth for a change.

The reason I bring up the OL, is because it is the root of the problems that face our team and take a contender and turn it into a pretender. Wake up for crying out loud. The OL is going to cost us more then what we've seen so far. Our team is shifting from solid starters to backups in starter jobs, and against bad teams we can get away with it, but a good team will eat these back ups alive.

To many of you so called experts want to put words in my mouth, I said this, and I said that, truth of the matter is I said the OL stunk, you said it was super bowl caliber, I said it wasn't high school caliber, and now they have proved me right. You can't handle it. This retired 49 year old man knows his Steelers, and you can't handle my playing years and experience in my 40+ years of watching my team is valuable over your so called wit and expertise in playing Madden. I love my Steelers and I am no troll. I see this team as one of the most talented money player teams we've ever had, we lack the LOS.

Until we fix the OL with solid starters at LT, LG, C, RG, RT, this team will suffer and will not reach it's goal of a super bowl win. We could have traded for a LT, move Marvell to RT, WC to LG, CK to RG, and then we can at least learn from there with the proper talent in the proper places. Our key to this type of O's success is a real, solid, take no crap, LT. Until we get one, we're pretenders.

Now for you few who think they know me better then I do, my problems with Tomlin and the OL are real problems. I could care less about the petty crap y'all claim I said. I laugh at it. I said our OL would cost us the money players, the QBs, RBs, and TE/WR in the backfield will get hammered behind this OL and injured. The first quarter (1/4th) of the season proved me right again. You few can't handle that, so you try to belittle me or anyone who thinks like we do.

Call me what ever you want, but I was right. Maybe the next time I say something you'll think twice before you attack and ask me why, instead of assume. I'm no troll, and I am not cool aid. I'm human and I make mistakes, not often, but I do. Now lets talk football and stop these petty BS posts of tits for tats.
Everyone here acknowledges that the o-line needs help and a major overhaul is in order. But drafting an o-lineman at #23 and passing on Mendenhall would have been a Troy Edwards like blunder when Javon Kearse and John Tait were still available. You state that "We could have traded for a LT" but can you name even one legit NFL left tackle that has been on the trading block in the past several seasons? Teams don't just trade away their left tackle if they have a good one.