Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steelers @ Jaguars Prediction Thread

BigBen2112

Re: Steelers @ Jaguars Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rickt011
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    The Trib site has been down all day so I guess the negativity needed to find an outlet somewhere
    Are you so intimidated by someone not agreeing with you, that you can't handle someone thinking differently? There is no negativity, I just feel we lose 24-21.
    I quit addressing stuff like that alot of times Rick. You were right about a LOT of things you said and you were bashed for it...and its still going on now.

I do hope you're wrong about this weekend though.

I hope we can win this one and the Cincy game and be 5-1 going into the rough stretch b/c with THIS OL and this offense right now we wont fair too well in those games. D will have to win them without a doubt.

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

The tea leaves seem to indicate a loss, what with a short week, a banged up team, yada, yada, yada.

But if it boils down to one D over the other, that's where the Steelers hold a definite advantage. As long as the O doesn't come out with some vanilla bull$#!+ like Arians has inured Steeler Universe to all season so far, then I think things will be OK.

I'm with Jom in saying that everything points to the Steelers falling this week but it just doesn't look like it will happen. I think Jom cited the JAX pass rush and OL stats and they suck compared to the Steelers, especially on D.

I'll go with a Steelers win, 30-13. I'll also go with Ben having his biggest game yet.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Unfortunately, I have to be a kill joy here and take the Jags 21-20 on a late field goal. The Steelers o-line will be fine this week the Jags aren't that good at rushing the passer and their o-line is banged up as well. But, I think the lack of bodies at RB and defensive line will be to much to overcome.

Jags - 21
    Steelers - 20

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

BIG FAN

Gotta think this one will be ugly too.
    17-10 Steelers.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Unfortunately, I have to be a kill joy here and take the Jags 21-20 on a late field goal. The Steelers o-line will be fine this week the Jags aren't that good at rushing the passer and their o-line is banged up as well. But, I think the lack of bodies at RB and defensive line will be to much to overcome.

Jags - 21
    Steelers - 20

Pappy
    21-20 Jacksonville win on a last second field goal? I'll have to go grab Josh Scobee for my fantasy team, because that means he will kick 7 field goals against us!

Pro Bowler

Well, I'm finally back from Vacation!!! I figured what better way to start but with this thread. This Sunday is going to be tough. Like Ben said it is going to be a 12 round fight. I actually think the game sets up well for the Jags, and they should be playing with alot of confidence, but from what I have seen of them this year they are more on the edge of collapse than our Steelers. They have two wins this year with last second FG's and were very lucky to win last week. I watched the entire game from the beach and was very unimpressed.

The Jags secondary is in shambles and that could be a big advantage for the Steelers if they actually spread Jax out and use the weapons that they have.

For some reason and I am not really sure why, I think the Steelers are going to play a good game on Sunday Night! I expect to see a more cohesive offense and a swarming D. Remember this is also a revenge game from last year and I am sure the Steelers will be coming to play hard!!!

I'm going to say 21-13 Steelers!!!! Ben will have a good game and the D will get to Garrard and cause some mistakes.

, glad to be back!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

BigBen2112

The only team with a worse offensive line that I can think of than the Pittsburgh Steelers right now is the Jags.

They do have a solid runningback who could hurt our smaller DL (with Hampton out).

I think their D will get to Ben, and probably get to him often, but again their line is worse.

13-7

UGLY win for the Steelers.

And THEN Coach Arians is FIRED and everything is made right!

Legend

Keep dreaming until January because nothing will happen until then. Rightly so.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Jags - 21
    Steelers - 20

Pappy
    21-20 Jacksonville win on a last second field goal? I'll have to go grab Josh Scobee for my fantasy team, because that means he will kick 7 field goals against us!
    Hey, if that works for ya, go for it! Too thin on the d-line to dominate this game. I think the defense will give somehting up this Sunday. I hope I'm as wrong as wrong can be, but, even the slightest ding to another defensive lineman will be a terrible cost to the Steelers. Woodley may have to lineup with his hand in the dirt and let Timmons hold down the edge.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Keep dreaming until January because nothing will happen until then. Rightly so.
    He BETTER be fired then.

I cant believe you think that he isnt a very big part of the problem. Its abundantly clear that he is a huge issue.