Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers @ Jaguars Prediction Thread

Legend

Steelers @ Jaguars Prediction Thread

No huddle, no huddle, no huddle. Lather, rinse, repeat!

I think we'll see a lot of it. And I think Ben will be in the shotgun plenty due to our lack of RBs as a weapon. The Jags rank 18th in total defense, 24th against the pass. That, my friends, is opportunity knocking at just the right time!

Our D, even without Hampton, is playing lights out, ranked in the top 5 against the pass, run, PPG allowed and total D. When the schedule was released I was kind of dreading this game, but not anymore. I'm telling you the stars are lined up just right for us...we're thin in a few spots and so are they...but we've still got more on both sides of the ball.

Steelers - 26

Jags - 17

Hall of Famer

Re: Steelers @ Jaguars Prediction Thread

have to go no huddle and pass on them a lot and early. i agree the jags are not the team that i thought they were going to be. at least not at this point in the season. i have a bad bad feeling though that mjd and or taylor will run wild with no hampton and kiesel. the short week really hurts as well. im not sure what the steelers record is coming off a monday night game but i think its pretty bad. i hate to say it but i think jax will win 17-14 by a late fg. i hope im very wrong

Hall of Famer

The key to the game will be whether we can stop their run. If we can, I think we can get a turnover and maybe points off Garrard. If we can't, we are in for a LONG day and it could get VERY ugly.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    have to go no huddle and pass on them a lot and early. i agree the jags are not the team that i thought they were going to be. at least not at this point in the season. i have a bad bad feeling though that mjd and or taylor will run wild with no hampton and kiesel. the short week really hurts as well. im not sure what the steelers record is coming off a monday night game but i think its pretty bad. i hate to say it but i think jax will win 17-14 by a late fg. i hope im very wrong

Ohhhh....Frank thanks for giving me the opportunity to say....."The Jags are WHO I THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!" "THEY'RE WHO I THOUGHT THEY WERE!!"
    (But we won't let it get away)

I predicted struggles for them this year and a "coming back down to Earth" for them. Then the injuries hit them and it solidified my thoughts. Anyway, I say we whip up on them. I have been calling for an all out passing attack a la the Ravens game last year where we just throw all over someone for like 2 or 3 weeks. I will keep saying it til they do it I guess. Ben and Santonio go wild. 31-17 Stillers.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek

Ohhhh....Frank thanks for giving me the opportunity to say....."The Jags are WHO I THOUGHT THEY WERE!!!" "THEY'RE WHO I THOUGHT THEY WERE!!"

I predicted struggles for them this year and a "coming back down to Earth" for them. Then the injuries hit them and it solidified my thoughts. Anyway, I say we whip up on them. I have been calling for an all out passing attack a la the Ravens game last year where we just throw all over someone for like 2 or 3 weeks. I will keep saying it til they do it I guess. Ben and Santonio go wild. 31-17 Stillers.
    haha that is classic!! that and the jim mora "playoffs, you wanna talk playoffs?" quotes are my all time favorites. "you play to win the game" is also up there

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek

haha that is classic!! that and the jim mora "playoffs, you wanna talk playoffs?" quotes are my all time favorites. "you play to win the game" is also up there
    Yeah those Coors Light commercials really keep those memories alive. I love em.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

Steelers win 24-13.

Need to stop the running game and make Garrard win the game for them.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Close game. Something in the neighborhood of 17-16. I think we can pull it out and avenge those two losses last year (to a small extent) and head into the bye licking our wounds at 4-1.

Pro Bowler

I don't like this game but I'm a homer. I'll call it close, Reid hitting a field goal at the end to win it.

Steelers 24
    Jaguars 21
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...asian07/RJ.jpg[/quote]

go to http://www.thebreastcancersite.com to donate a free mammogram a day to women without health insurance.

Huge thanks to AA for all the help with the signature.

I don't think it is going to be that close. We have too many players who want some payback for last year. My prediction is 27 - 13 in favor of the black n'gold.

On a side note ... last week was the first time I didn't pick Reed with a game winning FG. No wonder I lose when I go to Vegas.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>