Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Another reason to distance yourself of the other board

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Another reason to distance yourself of the other board

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Mafia
    .... how long has it been since you seen this smiley attached to a message.

Everytime I saw it, I wanted to get my hands around that Trolls neck.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No offense to anyone that uses that emoticon (except ANP, ), but IMO it's always been a very effeminate action, whether it's on teh intrawebz or in real life (rolling your eyes, that is).
    Puleez.

Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Mafia
    .... how long has it been since you seen this smiley attached to a message.

Everytime I saw it, I wanted to get my hands around that Trolls neck.
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No offense to anyone that uses that emoticon (except ANP, ), but IMO it's always been a very effeminate action, whether it's on teh intrawebz or in real life (rolling your eyes, that is).
    I call it the mark of the troll.

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like they just upgraded the servers, which they needed to do. Two things wrong with the process, noticeable instantly!

1) The background is Washington Redskins color, there's no black and gold.
    2) They threw a lot of peoples' posts out, anything older than 365 days. Lots of whining and nashing of teeth there, it's amazing what is important to some people !

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Looks like they just upgraded the servers, which they needed to do. Two things wrong with the process, noticeable instantly!

2) They threw a lot of peoples' posts out, anything older than 365 days. Lots of whining and nashing of teeth there, it's amazing what is important to some people !
    You forgot:

3) tomiesteel, HHH, and Harry Nutzack are still members.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch

You forgot:

HHH is so exaggerted it's actually funny to me (in a sick twisted, not a "haha", kind of way)

And does anyone remember this guy from the "other" board. He hasn't been there since around or before the time of the great exodus of posters from there several years ago.

His handle was WV Steeler Fan or something very very similar. Now I know there's been a handlefull of folks there with very similar screen names. But this guy stuck out. He was HILARIOUS. Every time he posted he had some funny sh!t to say. Y'all would remember this guy I think because he consistently posted comedic crap of professional quality. I mean, HOGEFAN I found funny quite often but no where near the consistency and quality of this dude. I believe in his signature he had Jeff Burton's (or maybe another guy's?) NASCAR with a waving Steeler-logo flag on it. Did he go to that other other board during the Great Exodus? Anyone know if he is still around?

I set the rule for myself years ago when I found myself getting serious on one message board or another that when internet discussion boards/rooms stopped being fun and made me uptight for any reason it was time to step back from the comp because the whole purpose of these cyber-places for me was enjoyment (and sometimes education but I've found both are easily doable)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I am kind of ticked that a lot of old photoshop contests and classic threads were lost.

And my post count go cut in half.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch

You forgot:

HHH is so exaggerted it's actually funny to me (in a sick twisted, not a "haha", kind of way)

And does anyone remember this guy from the "other" board. He hasn't been there since around or before the time of the great exodus of posters from there several years ago.

His handle was WV Steeler Fan or something very very similar. Now I know there's been a handlefull of folks there with very similar screen names. But this guy stuck out. He was HILARIOUS. Every time he posted he had some funny sh!t to say. Y'all would remember this guy I think because he consistently posted comedic crap of professional quality. I mean, HOGEFAN I found funny quite often but no where near the consistency and quality of this dude. I believe in his signature he had Jeff Burton's (or maybe another guy's?) NASCAR with a waving Steeler-logo flag on it. Did he go to that other other board during the Great Exodus? Anyone know if he is still around?

I set the rule for myself years ago when I found myself getting serious on one message board or another that when internet discussion boards/rooms stopped being fun and made me uptight for any reason it was time to step back from the comp because the whole purpose of these cyber-places for me was enjoyment (and sometimes education but I've found both are easily doable)
    That's why I left the trib board and will never return. There is no enjoyment or education to be had there. None.