Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Another reason to distance yourself of the other board

Starter

Re: Another reason to distance yourself of the other board

Quote Originally Posted by MeetJoeGreene
    Quote Originally Posted by ANPSTEEL
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    3 days? Either they are shutting er down or totally revamping the site. A few years back the board shut down for about a week. No warning...just gone for 7 days. When it came back...it was supposed to be faster...had a slightly different look etc. It was having problems within the first month. Trying to post there is just annoying.

I will be curious as to the explanation for the shut down. I would bet money they are trying to update it. Maybe after 6 years of waiting they will finally get the site clicking. Ok...no they won't.
    i've been on the various other versions of that board since '97 give or take- and everytime it has been down for an extended period - it has been to 'revamp' the site.

since they have recently re-done the SteelersLive site, my guess is you are correct- they are going to launch an updated version.
    Maybe going to phb3. I hope so.

They better not lose my post count!!!

something with more stability would be nice...

my guess is they are trying to duplicate MSM's board format

Legend

Does anyone really care that the negative, gloomers and doomers don't have a place to go. Only a couple of guys still over there say anything worth reading. All you have to do is look at the thread title and the poster and you have a 90% probability of knowing exactly what negative BS they are going to spew for the 1000th time. A bunch of "never have beens" and "never will bes" trying to prove how much smarter they are than people who get paid to do it.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Does anyone really care that the negative, gloomers and doomers don't have a place to go. Only a couple of guys still over there say anything worth reading. All you have to do is look at the thread title and the poster and you have a 90% probability of knowing exactly what negative BS they are going to spew for the 1000th time. A bunch of "never have beens" and "never will bes" trying to prove how much smarter they are than people who get paid to do it.

I don't care, but I will say that there are a few quality posters I wish would migrate here and post their insights. Call me nostalgic, but if I didn't find that board, I would of never met half of the posters that are currently posting on this board. The braintrust that has gravitated here are a bunch of really informed fans that not only offer a good perspective on things but are also great resources of material (i.e. NKy and Fordfixer). Their research into Steeler material and postings make this place a great buffet of 411.

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

I don't care, but I will say that there are a few quality posters I wish would migrate here and post their insights. Call me nostalgic, but if I didn't find that board, I would of never met half of the posters that are currently posting on this board. The braintrust that has gravitated here are a bunch of really informed fans that not only offer a good perspective on things but are also great resources of material (i.e. NKy and Fordfixer). Their research into Steeler material and postings make this place a great buffet of 411.
    Do you enjoy the quality posts that I make like this one?

or, how about a little of this?

Hey, you probably haven't been called a in a while.

:P

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy

Backup

.... how long has it been since you seen this smiley attached to a message.

Everytime I saw it, I wanted to get my hands around that Trolls neck.
    <a href=http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg target=_blank>http://imgcash5.imageshack.us/img356/1595/smuj2.jpg</a>
    ~Props to AS, my sig Consigliere~

"Even the strongest man needs friends.... Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
    ~ Don Lucchesi to Vincent

Pappy

Pap, next time I'm in the Burgh'.... I will make your front yard a fecal point of my visit.

Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Mafia

hater

i used it 5 posts ago

Pappy

Pap, next time I'm in the Burgh'.... I will make your front yard a fecal point of my visit.
    If I still lived in the Burgh I would have been at the game to meet all you knuckleheads. Had it been a Sunday tilt I may have drove just to tailgate. So, if there's a fecal point at my former residence in Pittsburgh, you'll have to deal with Grandpa Pappy and Grandma Pappy and that wouldn't be pretty. :P

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler Mafia

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

No offense to anyone that uses that emoticon (except ANP, ), but IMO it's always been a very effeminate action, whether it's on teh intrawebz or in real life (rolling your eyes, that is).
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>