Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pretty funny Jeff Reed comment

Re: Pretty funny Jeff Reed comment

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    and has only missed 2 field goals in his last 38 attempts...
    One of those was a 65 yarder to end a half against Denver last year that didn't miss by much and the other was a 44 yarder in that 3-0 scoring clinic win over miami in the mud last year, a game that he eventually won for us

He is the 3rd leading scorer in steeler history (645) behind Gary Anderson (1,343) and Roy Gerela (731) and he could possibly pass Gerela this year.

He also has 13 tackles, 11 which are solo, which is about a dozen more then Anderson and Gerela put together I'd guess
    I'm actually suprised that with those sort of stats/numbers/facts that he isn't spending more time in Hawaii in February...
    Now add the fact that he kicks on the worst surface in the NFL in a stadium where there has never been a FG over 50 yards (just heard that one on Monday Night) and his numbers are even more remarkable.

IMO not enough credit is given to players who play in harsher conditions. Take a Peyton Manning for example. Of course he is a great QB, one of the greatest in history! However, what happens if you take him out of his climate controlled carpeted stadium and drop him in Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Green Bay? I'm sure he would still be great, but can he put up nearly the same numbers thowing through a windy rain or snowstorm in December?

Two Things:

1) I can't believe that some Steelers fans bitched when Reed got his last contract...

2) When you consider that Ben is now, officially, one of the all-time great QBs (at least when considering YpA and Passer Rating) and you look at the only other QB who is on both lists, Kurt Warner, and you consider that Warner played in a dome when he racked up those statistics, it makes Ben's accomplishment even more remarkable...

Producing at a high level despite playing outside in a cold weather stadium makes both Reed and Roethlisberger look even better, IMO...

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick
    Two Things:

1) I can't believe that some Steelers fans bitched when Reed got his last contract...

2) When you consider that Ben is now, officially, one of the all-time great QBs (at least when considering YpA and Passer Rating) and you look at the only other QB who is on both lists, Kurt Warner, and you consider that Warner played in a dome when he racked up those statistics, it makes Ben's accomplishment even more remarkable...

Producing at a high level despite playing outside in a cold weather stadium makes both Reed and Roethlisberger look even better, IMO...
    and, you may not like this, but, Tom Brady and Adam Vinatieri...just sayin

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    and, you may not like this, but, Tom Brady and Adam Vinatieri...just sayin

Pappy
    Oh no, you have to hand it to Vinateri for his tenure in Foxboro...

Brady, on the other hand, is just a cheater who doesn't even rank in the Top 20 All-Time YpA...

Besides, his career is over a la Carson Palmer...except Brady is older...I don't think he'll ever be the same...

Every once in a while these threads make me feel like I'm with a bunch of guys in a bar in Pittsburgh.

This is one of those threads.

Thanks everyone!! You've made my day!

Go Steelers!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Since this is a Jeff Reed thread, i came across a funny jeff reed picture. What was he saying to Ed Reed?

Reed, Jeff: "Mines is about this much bigger than Santonio's Ed...you gotta look at the pictures again...I'm tellin you!"

Reed, Ed: "Whatever Kicker!"
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    Since this is a Jeff Reed thread, i came across a funny jeff reed picture. What was he saying to Ed Reed?

Reed, Jeff: "Mines is about this much bigger than Santonio's Ed...you gotta look at the pictures again...I'm tellin you!"

a nice photoshop but a photoshop none the less.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85

i didn't get your comment. Did you mean it makes for a good photoshop opportunity, or that it was a photoshopped pic. If its the latter, here is the link:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08276/916742-66.stm

Also in the article is a good story about it being Ben's 100th TD pass...but nobody really talked about it...
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

[quote=Iron Shiek]
    Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Quote Originally Posted by "Iron Shiek":3q6rppig

i didn't get your comment. Did you mean it makes for a good photoshop opportunity, or that it was a photoshopped pic. If its the latter, here is the link:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08276/916742-66.stm

Also in the article is a good story about it being Ben's 100th TD pass...but nobody really talked about it...[/quote:3q6rppig]

Yeah, I didn't think it was a photoshop. And it seems that Jeff could just be commenting on how close the ball was to the upright on the winning kick.

And I never thought about the fact that Jeff and Ed had the same last name. Do you guys think they're related??

EDIT: DUH, the caption under the pic says the same thing about the ball being close to the upright. I'm an azz

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Ed Reed claims to have never seen the pictures of Jeff Reed's...umm...Willie Reed on the internet, so one Reed is showing another Reed the length of his Reed.

(I know Willie's name is spelled Reid...just humor me)