Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pretty funny Jeff Reed comment

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Re: Pretty funny Jeff Reed comment

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Can anyone please confirm the story on how Reed was named the Steelers kicker. I seem to remember back when Kris Brown was in the middle of his head-case woes, Cowher brought in a few kickers to try out on, at the time, a really muddy and poor playing surface at Heinze Field, and he won the job in a rainstorm.
    Nov 2002, Todd Peterson got hurt and the Steelers broight in 4 Kickers, including Reed. Legend has it, he kicked a 73 yard FG in a driving windstorm at Heinz. He was only wearing a beach towel and flip flops.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Can anyone please confirm the story on how Reed was named the Steelers kicker. I seem to remember back when Kris Brown was in the middle of his head-case woes, Cowher brought in a few kickers to try out on, at the time, a really muddy and poor playing surface at Heinze Field, and he won the job in a rainstorm.
    Nov 2002, Todd Peterson got hurt and the Steelers broight in 4 Kickers, including Reed. Legend has it, he kicked a 73 yard FG in a driving windstorm at Heinz. He was only wearing a beach towel and flip flops.
    And his hairrrrr was perfect!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    And his hairrrrr was perfect!
    Great...now "Werewolves of London" will be stuck in my head for the rest of the afternoon. Aaa-Ooooooooooooooooh!!!

Hall of Famer

No doubt Mike Tomlin is funny, tough, and develops bonds with his players. I really hope he pans out as a coach.

BTW, most entertaining thread of the week. From Greg Warren to Warren Zevon! Genius.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Hall of Famer

One of the best free agent pick-ups we've made since '02, IMO...

This year he's 6/6 on field goals and 8/8 on xpts... and has only missed 2 field goals in his last 38 attempts... The kid is money! I don't care how crazy he is as long as he keeps splitting the uprights!

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler

This year he's 6/6 on field goals and 8/8 on xpts... and has only missed 2 field goals in his last 38 attempts... The kid is money! I don't care how crazy he is as long as he keeps splitting the uprights!
    Agreed. When he lines up for a field goal I don't have a sick feeling in my stomach. I assume he is going to make it.

and has only missed 2 field goals in his last 38 attempts...
    One of those was a 65 yarder to end a half against Denver last year that didn't miss by much and the other was a 44 yarder in that 3-0 scoring clinic win over miami in the mud last year, a game that he eventually won for us

He is the 3rd leading scorer in steeler history (645) behind Gary Anderson (1,343) and Roy Gerela (731) and he could possibly pass Gerela this year.

He also has 13 tackles, 11 which are solo, which is about a dozen more then Anderson and Gerela put together I'd guess

Greg Warren ==> Warren Zevon = Nice!

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    and has only missed 2 field goals in his last 38 attempts...
    One of those was a 65 yarder to end a half against Denver last year that didn't miss by much and the other was a 44 yarder in that 3-0 scoring clinic win over miami in the mud last year, a game that he eventually won for us

He is the 3rd leading scorer in steeler history (645) behind Gary Anderson (1,343) and Roy Gerela (731) and he could possibly pass Gerela this year.

He also has 13 tackles, 11 which are solo, which is about a dozen more then Anderson and Gerela put together I'd guess
    I'm actually suprised that with those sort of stats/numbers/facts that he isn't spending more time in Hawaii in February...

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Hehe...wouldn't surprise Chadman if Jeff Reed has split quite a few 'uprights'....

Was Jeff Reed the guy that kicked with the squared off kicking shoe?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00