Tomlin's Take: Press conference
By The Tribune-Review
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
[url="http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_590941.html"]http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 90941.html[/url]

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin addressed reporters at his weekly press conference on Tuesday afternoon.

Steelers coach Mike Tomlin on ...
The timing of the rash of injuries that have hit the Steelers:

"I'm not going to come in here and complain about it. Injuries are as much a part of the game as blocking and tackling. You don't like it, but you deal with it. Not only as a football team but individually as professional football players. These guys know what comes with the territory."

Going to a no-huddle offense on the road:

"There are positives and negatives to it. I've heard arguments for both. People say it's tough to operate no-huddle on the road. Some people say it's a weapon because the crowd doesn't know when to cheer because you're never breaking the huddle and approaching the line of scrimmage. We'll see whether we capable of doing it or willing to do it this week."

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger dressing down the offense for its poor performance in the first half of Monday night's game:

"I missed it. What happens is a lot of times, I'll say something to the team, we'll let those guys refresh themselves, we'll gather as a coaching staff in the coaches' locker room for a number of minutes and then we'll come back out and the offense will address the offense, the defense will address the defense, and then I'll address the team before I leave. Anything that occurred along those lines, it occurred while the coaches were meeting in regards to some schematic things, so I missed that, whatever that was."

The progress the Steelers made in pass protection from the Eagles game to the Ravens game:

"It was acceptable because we won. Of course we're still growing in that department, and not only from a protection standpoint, but from a communication standpoint, from a recognition of hots and a delivery-of-the-ball standpoint. We're a work in progress. We don't shy away from that; we work at it."

Tight end Sean McHugh playing fullback against the Jaguars if a sprained ankle sidelines Carey Davis for the game:

"Sean is fullback-capable, and he actually had a few snaps in our game last (Monday) night as a fullback. That's one of the things that attracted him to us, is that he is a tight end guy, a fullback guy. He has that experience and capability, and he's going to continue to grow in that direction."