Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: Davenport is back

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Davenport is back

    [url="http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08274/916247-66.stm"]http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08274/916247-66.stm[/url]

    Not surprising. Hopefully Russell gets his chances and Davenport is the third choice.

    This is a logical move given his familiarity with the offense.

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Davenport is back

    CRAP!

    (I don't really feel this way...I just thought a fecal-related exclamation would be appropriate for Dookie's return).
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

  3. #3
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Re: Davenport is back

    Nothing about this tells me they are even thinking about bringing Russel up. Davenport would take the roster spot that Russel would have taken. So now you have to cut someone else to bring Russel up. Because they are hopefully going to sign an OL as well to replace Simmons or at least add depth.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!


    28 Mason Rudolph QB OK St
    60 Malik Jefferson ILB Texas
    92 Terrel Edmunds SS VT
    148 Durham Smythe TE Notre Dame
    165 Andrew Brown DE UVA
    220 Reggie Bonnafon RB Louisville
    246 Chris Worley ILB OSU

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Davenport is back

    Holy cow!

    What was he doing up until now?

    Does he own a pair of gray sweats?


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Davenport is back

    Dont forget we have an excess of reserve linebackers with Woods, Frazier, and Bailey. Frazier might end up DL, also Woods may return soon and Bailey could be traded back to the PS for Russell.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  6. #6
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Re: Davenport is back

    Quote Originally Posted by calmkiller
    Nothing about this tells me they are even thinking about bringing Russel up. Davenport would take the roster spot that Russel would have taken. So now you have to cut someone else to bring Russel up. Because they are hopefully going to sign an OL as well to replace Simmons or at least add depth.
    Wow. that is a really good point.

    Again ... when did Russell drink a big ole' cup of suck??
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Davenport is back

    Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    Dont forget we have an excess of reserve linebackers with Woods, Frazier, and Bailey. Frazier might end up DL, also Woods may return soon and Bailey could be traded back to the PS for Russell.
    They also activated Bruce Davis to play some special teams last night, so I would think that they could afford to let one of these extra LB's go in order to be able to have 4 active RB's in Jacksonville: Moore, Davenport, Russell, and Carey Davis (if healthy...if not, then Sean McHugh will play more FB and less TE).
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

  8. #8
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    Re: Davenport is back

    I'd like to see Russell get some carries. Kid has talent.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Davenport is back

    Anyone know where Dump Truck has been since getting cut?

    BTW, please remind me when he was cut - preseason, or last year?


    We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

    HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

  10. #10
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Re: Davenport is back

    Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    Anyone know where Dump Truck has been since getting cut?

    BTW, please remind me when he was cut - preseason, or last year?
    He was released on 7-6-08.
    "The Terrible Towel is poised to strike...and boy, did he strike!" -Myron Cope

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •