Thread: When does the Oline "communication" start?

dcsteelerfan

When does the Oline "communication" start?

After last weeks game, I heard that the Oline graded out okay but had some mental and communication errors that almost led to Ben getting decapitated. Despite the fact that we won the game, the Oline looked almost as clueless as the Philly game. I know the Oline isn't to blame for all the sacks (reading the hot route, etc), but on more than 1 instance blitzers were coming up the middle almost untouched on a regular basis.

Re: When does the Oline "communication" start?

Quote Originally Posted by dcsteelerfan
    After last weeks game, I heard that the Oline graded out okay but had some mental and communication errors that almost led to Ben getting decapitated. Despite the fact that we won the game, the Oline looked almost as clueless as the Philly game. I know the Oline isn't to blame for all the sacks (reading the hot route, etc), but on more than 1 instance blitzers were coming up the middle almost untouched on a regular basis.
    Well, Jaws broke down plays in which there was no hot-route, per se, so Ben was screwed in those occasions. He also broke down plays in which Ben didn't read the defenses correctly. If you believe Jaws, then it basically means Ben is partly responsible, as is the line, which I think we already knew. But I don't think there is any question that Ben is far less to blame than the line or the play calling. You got to help a guy out of the line can't block for him. A lot of the sacks against Phily, and some against Baltimore, Ben didn't have time to get it out.