Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stapleton

Legend

User Info Menu

Stapleton

Imo, the line looked better with him in for Simmons. Not great, but better.

What say the rest of you?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Stapleton

I agree. But was that also when Ben started calling his own plays?

Legend

User Info Menu

While I agree that Stapleton looked decent, IMO they need to move Colon to RG and put Starks in at RT.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Colon has not practiced enough at RG to move there immediately.

Stapleton is mobile and smart. Unfortunately, he seems to fall down for no apparent reason occassionally. He may have learned this from Simmons.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    While I agree that Stapleton looked decent, IMO they need to move Colon to RG and put Starks in at RT.
    I think this is the way to go. Not this week, though, with the short Monday-to-Sunday turnover. I would use Stapleton vs. the Jags then move Colon over and put Max in at RT during the bye week.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wouldn't be shocked if they put Trai in there...was he suited last night? Only reason being he has more game experience.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    I wouldn't be shocked if they put Trai in there...was he suited last night? Only reason being he has more game experience.

Only way to get experience is to play. Leave Stapelton in.
    LETS GO MOUNTAINEERS!
    Here We Go Steelers!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    I think this is the way to go. Not this week, though, with the short Monday-to-Sunday turnover. I would use Stapleton vs. the Jags then move Colon over and put Max in at RT during the bye week.
    IF that move is to happen, it will probably be as you say.
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Repeat after me...
    Colon is not going to play guard!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Repeat after me...
    Why not? At 6'3" 315, his build seems to be better suited to play guard (Simmons, by the way, has those exact same measurables). He is more of a nasty brawler type that will punch somebody in the mouth in a tight scrum than a guy who is expected to be able to handle speed rushers in space out on a island by himself. I want my interior lineman to be nasty muthas, and Kemo and Colon would be two nasty muthas in there. At this point, you need to have your best 5 guys out there...so it is time to take advantage of that $7 insurance policy that Colbert bought in the offseason. It's either that or starting a guy at guard who was a rookie free agent from Rutgers initially brought in a year ago to compete at center. Give Stapleton one week in Jacksonville, then make the switch during the bye.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.