Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stapleton

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Re: Stapleton

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    While I agree that Stapleton looked decent, IMO they need to move Colon to RG and put Starks in at RT.
    I think this is the way to go. Not this week, though, with the short Monday-to-Sunday turnover. I would use Stapleton vs. the Jags then move Colon over and put Max in at RT during the bye week.
    Another vote in favor of your plan RB.

I like Stapleton in there for this week to keep things at an even keel. But he is the backup at RG and C. Having him come off the bench in a pinch makes him more valuable than him being in a starting role.

Besides, they need to get some kind of value out of the $7M Insurance Policy. If they stick Max Sucks into the RT slot, he'll be singing for his next training table for the rest of the season. It won't be the Steelers, but if he plays with any sort of authority he may just be able to hoodwink someone into signing him for big buck$.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Essex being used on the line, somewhere, isn't a bad option. He has never been the worst O-Lineman on the field when given his shot & he looked at home at LG in the preseason.

That being said, Chadman has a lot of time for Stapleton & the whole damn Rutgers OL system- ZONE BLOCKING just like what the Steelers are trying to implement with...umm...mixed success at best.

Chadman actually likes Kendall Simmons- but he never lived up to the high expectations. Perhaps this is all a blessing in disguise?
    Chadman, I like what you're saying here and I'm a pro-Simmons guy myself.

But one thing to keep in mind is that Simmons injury could end his career very easily. Linemen are constantly pushing off the Achilles and if he can't rehab it properly, he is probably done.

I don't know about anyone here, but I think we may have seen Kendall Simmons last game as a Steeler last night. Comes at an inconvenient time, but it gives a young player like Stapleton a chance to prove his indispensablility.
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Starks is a poor RT...definately worse than Colon. I'm not sure that's the solution. To be honest I'm not sure the solution exists on our roster.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman
    Essex being used on the line, somewhere, isn't a bad option. He has never been the worst O-Lineman on the field when given his shot & he looked at home at LG in the preseason.

That being said, Chadman has a lot of time for Stapleton & the whole damn Rutgers OL system- ZONE BLOCKING just like what the Steelers are trying to implement with...umm...mixed success at best.

Chadman actually likes Kendall Simmons- but he never lived up to the high expectations. Perhaps this is all a blessing in disguise?
    Chadman, I like what you're saying here and I'm a pro-Simmons guy myself.

But one thing to keep in mind is that Simmons injury could end his career very easily. Linemen are constantly pushing off the Achilles and if he can't rehab it properly, he is probably done.

I don't know about anyone here, but I think we may have seen Kendall Simmons last game as a Steeler last night. Comes at an inconvenient time, but it gives a young player like Stapleton a chance to prove his indispensablility.
    Although I haven't ever been over-impressed with his performance, I'd feel pretty bad for the guy if this did end his career. Consider also that diabetics don't heal as fast or as well as the average person. I'm sure shawnmed could give us some details as to why....

Kendoll has type I insulin dependent diabetes same as Jay Cutler right?

Hall of Famer

While I agree that Stapleton looked decent, IMO they need to move Colon to RG and put Starks in at RT.

thats the first thing i thought of when simmons left the game. they either have no confidence in starks or do not want to shift around the line as little as possible. they looked much better without simmons though. i think this should be the last season for him

Hall of Famer

I really think the Steelers are in a position now to take a chance on Bentley. Simmons was the emergency #3 C and the Steelers will have the #1 & #2 C starting if Stapleton plays RG. There is nobody else on the roster who has taken snaps. A G/C signing would make sense. I hear when Bentley passed his physical he looked in great shape. But I also heard he ran in the 6's in the 40. Then there are rumors he wants at least a 2 year deal and not vet min. Makes you wonder why the guy is still available and if all the reports are accurate. If he would take vet min he could at least back-up 2 positions. If there are any other players out there with G/C experience I think it would be wise to bring them in for a look. The Steelers are supposed to bring in Legursky for a workout to take Russells spot on the PS.
    1st (T-D) Kelvin Benjamin WR
    2nd Bradley Roby CB
    3a Kareem Martin DE
    3b C.J. Fiedorowicz TE
    4th Christian Jones LB
    5a Dri Archer RB
    5b Kevin Pierre-Louis LB
    6a Beau Allen NT
    6b Shaquille Richardson CB
    7th John Brown WR

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    I really think the Steelers are in a position now to take a chance on Bentley. Simmons was the emergency #3 C and the Steelers will have the #1 & #2 C starting if Stapleton plays RG. There is nobody else on the roster who has taken snaps. A G/C signing would make sense. I hear when Bentley passed his physical he looked in great shape. But I also heard he ran in the 6's in the 40. Then there are rumors he wants at least a 2 year deal and not vet min. Makes you wonder why the guy is still available and if all the reports are accurate. If he would take vet min he could at least back-up 2 positions. If there are any other players out there with G/C experience I think it would be wise to bring them in for a look. The Steelers are supposed to bring in Legursky for a workout to take Russells spot on the PS.
    Legursky is one guy Chadman wanted retained on PS...a very solid college career...he's the kind of guy that turns out as those mauling interior linemen that starts for 10 years with little fanfare...glad he's back.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00

Legend

I watched the game on NFL Replay last night. Since I knew the outcome it was easier to focus on things I don't normally look at because I tend to follow the ball.

Stapleton looked pretty good from what I could see. He played a ZBS in college so maybe that gives him an advantage here?

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY
    At this point, there are hardly any teams out there that need to take a chance on Bentley at his stated price. Granted, the Steelers are one that could take a chance. But they counted the cost and felt like he wouldn't be worth the $$$.

Bringing in Legursky makes more sense from a value standpoint because he has already been exposed to the Steelers system and comes cheap. If he can do anything, it will be a bonus. The Steelers have guys that can move from spot to spot. Colon and Essex can both play G.

The Steelers are thin at OL, yes. But do they really need to bring in a guy like Bentley (at his price)? Not really, especially if he is just going to be an insurance policy at an exorbitant price. The Steelers already have that guy and they don't play him. His name is Max Sucks.
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

I don't know whether or not Colon should be moved to guard, but I do think that he should be moved out of the RT position. He has not played well enough this season and he has a capable expensive player sitting behind him.