Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial game balls: Week 4

Pro Bowler

Unofficial game balls: Week 4

Wow, I'm too young to have a heart attack, but I swear I was close. All I can say is holy ****, that was razor close. Well, here it goes:

Offense:

Mewelde Moore! Geez, and we didn't use this guy WHY? This is why we signed him - for his catching, and it finally showed! With some crucial yardage and first downs, he gets my vote. Congrats, Moore!

Runners up:

Big Ben: I was about ready to remove him entirely, but he definitely helped redeem himself. With a couple clutch passes, he brought us back to contention.

After that, it's a toss-up between Ward and Holmes, both who had very big catches in the second half.

Defense:

WOODLEY!!!! I'm not going to lie, he may have won the game for us. 1.5 sacks, one forced fumble, and a TOUCHDOWN! And he's a rookie! He's quickly climbing my list in my favorite defensive players. He'll probably be second on my list to Troy P in no time.

Runners up:

Silverback! Once again, showing his dominance and giving Flacco his first real taste of the NFL.

Troy P: Didn't have an int, but (mostly) looked solid in coverage and in run defense.

Special teams:
    Again, looked solid. Our return game could use some work, but we didn't give up huge yards to the other team. Reed, as usual, was Mr. Clutch.

Overall, I'm not going to lie, we still have problems. Arians still sucks, and I've seen nothing to prove otherwise. Our defense actually struggled in the running game, and while we got good pressure, our secondary gave up too many big plays. This could have easily been a loss.

Honestly, I think the entire Steelers team deserves a game ball. They fought through the injuries, showed a lot of heart in this game, and didn't give up. It's games like this that make me proud to call myself a Steelers fan. Way to go, guys!!!!

Re: Unofficial game balls: Week 4

O:

Big Ben: thank God for Big Ben pulling one out somehow and calling his own plays

Moore: he delivered bigtime when needed most.

D:

Outside LBs: Just what we all dreamed about, crazy pressure

Troy P: the man is finally getting to play his position and he must have deflected at least 4 deep balls.

Not a game ball but I was happy to see Timmons get a big sack...that was awesome!
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Offense: Mewelde Moore, welcome to the Pittsburgh Steelers! You did great in long relief. Here's hoping you get a lot more looks going forward. You earned your touches.

Defense: Another one for you Mr. Woodley. Way to go to the house with that fumble recovery. It saved the game, even if it looked like you almost forgot that you can run if you aren't touched down.

Special Teams: Jeff Reed. Skippy, you punched through the game-winner on ice.

Even though you tried to give the game away, Mr. Arians, the team persevered. Get on board for the big win, Brucie...or get the F out of the way.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Offense - Bruce Arians gets the game ball for listening to Ben and allowing him to go no huddle to change the tempo. :P

Defense - Bruce Arians for calling such a poor game that the defense had to play 34 minutes. :P

Special Teams - Bruce Arians for continually running on first down and putting the game on Reed's right leg. :P

Three game balls for Bruce Arians.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Offense - Bruce Arians gets the game ball for listening to Ben and allowing him to go no huddle to change the tempo. :P

Defense - Bruce Arians for calling such a poor game that the defense had to play 34 minutes. :P

Special Teams - Bruce Arians for continually running on first down and putting the game on Reed's right leg. :P

Three game balls for Bruce Arians.

Pappy
    And he can shove all of them up his run on first down @$$.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Instead of going O, D, ST, I'll go in order of strongest recipients:

D

Woodley/Harrison - Combined for 10 tackles, 8 assists, 4 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, fumble recovery and game changing TD.

ST

Reed - 3/3 including a 49 yarder and a game winning 46 yarder. This feat is greater than it sounds when you consider that there has never been a FG at Heinz longer than 50 (just heard that tonight). It must be the toughest place in the league to kick.

Coverage units - This is quickly becoming a strength of this team. Strange considering the huge problems we've had the past few years.

O

Moore - He didn't have a great game, but when he did make plays they were huge. Consider that he is our fourth option at full time back and he really did show up big. Brilliant catch and run to set up the game winning FG, but maybe even more impressive was the third down catch on the play right before the FG. A tough little catch and run that gave Reed a much more manageable shot at it.

Ben - Turning point #1 was that awful int he threw. He moved them down the field pretty good while chewing up some clock on the first drive. He gets the ball back on the 44 after the D gave him the ball for the second time after a 3 and out. The worst part about it was that he had a beautiful play action on that play and more time to throw than any other time he had dropped back all game. If he could have turned in a big play there instead of that int than this game may not have ever been close.

That being said, he produced during a couple of drives in the second half when he had to. However, had it not been for the outstanding job that the shorthanded D did then his few second half heroics would have not done much more than bring us within 2 TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch

WOODLEY!!!! I'm not going to lie, he may have won the game for us. 1.5 sacks, one forced fumble, and a TOUCHDOWN! And he's a rookie! He's quickly climbing my list in my favorite defensive players. He'll probably be second on my list to Troy P in no time.
    This is Woodley's 2nd year. It just seems like he's a rookie because of how little we used 'em last year.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch

This is Woodley's 2nd year. It just seems like he's a rookie because of how little we used 'em last year.
    And, that's the reason he's making plays this year along with Timmons (even though he couldn't get his pads low enough on the TD run). It's the value that is gained from watching, learning and then playing.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.

Our OLB corps won this game for us, no question.

Ben also did an incredible job when the playcalling was finally turned over to him... even though he did look a bit lost from time to time.

Moore played incredibly well for a fourth stringer, and kept some drives going with willpower alone. I'd love to see him get more playing time after this.

Hall of Famer

Good call(s) Torch..... Much agreed all the way around....