Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did we win the battle and lose the war?

Hall of Famer

Re: Did we win the battle and lose the war?

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I love how every topic (in this case, one about the injuries that occurred tonight) somehow disintegrates into yet another "We must fire Arians" thread within 3 posts. Who are you people trying to convince at this point?
    ... I hadn't posted in this thread, but your comment about Arians drew-out my "spidey-sense" of a conflict..... .... Seriously Ruthless, I know you're tired of it all... Probably just as much as some of us are of draft talk, even though there's a separate forum for it.... But it is really one of the "hottest" topics nowadays.... It "is what it is"... If he didn't suck, it wouldn't be an issue....

(man, I'm kidding.... OK?!..... I'm done...)

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    Before we go on, where did you hear Ben had to tell Arians to go to no huddle? (Not that it surprises me)
    I heard it in a post game interview w/ suzy colbert however he DID NOT use the words "told Arians" He said he suggested it (he didn't say to who) AND he said something about calling his own plays.
    Actually...http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/...78529&n8pe6c=2

Proves that Roethlisberger did indeed say "We went no huddle. I told BRUCE and TOMLIN let's pick up the pace and let me call the plays."

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Before we go on, where did you hear Ben had to tell Arians to go to no huddle? (Not that it surprises me)
    I heard it in a post game interview w/ suzy colbert however he DID NOT use the words "told Arians" He said he suggested it (he didn't say to who) AND he said something about calling his own plays.

Proves that Roethlisberger did indeed say "We went no huddle. I told BRUCE and TOMLIN let's pick up the pace and let me call the plays."
    I digress bro. Gotta admit I was half way to the 'off' button on my tv as he's talking

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    the reason Druckenmiller pulled his offer to buy the team is because the front office refused to fire Arians.
    You heard that too???

BigBen2112

[quote=Mel Blount's G]
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Quote Originally Posted by "Mel Blount's G":34ucsjl0

I digress bro. Gotta admit I was half way to the 'off' button on my tv as he's talking [/quote:34ucsjl0]

It's all good.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Parker - out
    Mendenhall - out
    Davis - out
    Simmons - out
    Frazier - done for the year probably
    Down to 5 defensive linemen

Can we put together enough players to play a physical Jax team next Sunday evening?

Pappy

One could make the argument that Jacksonville has been harder hit by injuries than us.

To be fair, Parker was already out so I don't know what that had to do with last night's battle. At any rate, Parker should return in a couple of games.

Mendenhall could be a big loss. I think he was starting to get it. It will certainly retard his development. But, I don't think it will hurt us much in the short term. Russell can be the battering ram that we expected Mendenhall to be.

Simmons has not played that well. Stapleton is very athletic and IMHO a better pass blocker. If we play Essex, I'll be very disappointed.

Davis and Frazier are replaceable, but they may very well return this season. Davis did nothing very well, but did many things serviceably. McHugh can handle some fullback until we find someone else. When Woods gets healthy, he can take over Frazier's special teams duties. For now, Bruce Davis gets a shot on special teams. I'm all for that.

Our bye is coming at a good time, we can bring in a few FAs or practice squad guys and get them up to speed.

I think we are still in decent shape.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

The calling his own plays was in reference to going no huddle, where he would call his own plays. I don't think he was reffering to the bad play calling with that, although, he could have and wouldn't have been wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Parker - out
    Mendenhall - out
    Davis - out
    Simmons - out
    Frazier - done for the year probably
    Down to 5 defensive linemen

Can we put together enough players to play a physical Jax team next Sunday evening?

Pappy

One could make the argument that Jacksonville has been harder hit by injuries than us.

To be fair, Parker was already out so I don't know what that had to do with last night's battle. At any rate, Parker should return in a couple of games.

Mendenhall could be a big loss. I think he was starting to get it. It will certainly retard his development. But, I don't think it will hurt us much in the short term. Russell can be the battering ram that we expected Mendenhall to be.

Simmons has not played that well. Stapleton is very athletic and IMHO a better pass blocker. If we play Essex, I'll be very disappointed.

Davis and Frazier are replaceable, but they may very well return this season. Davis did nothing very well, but did many things serviceably. McHugh can handle some fullback until we find someone else. When Woods gets healthy, he can take over Frazier's special teams duties. For now, Bruce Davis gets a shot on special teams. I'm all for that.

Our bye is coming at a good time, we can bring in a few FAs or practice squad guys and get them up to speed.

I think we are still in decent shape.
    Just remember signing players now will still be cap hits and the players that are on IR still count (I believe, if anyone knows for sure how this works that would be great). We lost a lot last night in depth at RB (which once was considered a strength), special teams and offensive line. The bye is coming at a good time and hopefully, the Steelers can get some serviceable vets in here at the minimum or close to it.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll