Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did we win the battle and lose the war?

Pro Bowler

Re: Did we win the battle and lose the war?

Quote Originally Posted by LouSteel
    On the plus side, JAX's D has been decimated by injuries...

Our RB health is downright frightening, but MM had some success running against a very physical Ravens D, and we can always sign Russell back from the PS.

Waiting for the postgame... hopefully the injuries weren't as bad as they seemed.
    Their Offense is decimated as well. I remember after the 1st game that they lost 3 starting O-Linemen already...

Quote Originally Posted by SteelTorch
    Before we go on, where did you hear Ben had to tell Arians to go to no huddle? (Not that it surprises me)
    I heard it in a post game interview w/ suzy colbert however he DID NOT use the words "told Arians" He said he suggested it (he didn't say to who) AND he said something about calling his own plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Before we go on, where did you hear Ben had to tell Arians to go to no huddle? (Not that it surprises me)
    I heard it in a post game interview w/ suzy colbert however he DID NOT use the words "told Arians" He said he suggested it (he didn't say to who) AND he said something about calling his own plays.
    I suggested earlier in the week in one of threads that I'd like to see Ben call the plays. Quarterbacks are heavily involved in the flow of the game. They have a better idea of what plays will work than a coach.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    DL depth?
    DL depth? I think that we showed tonight that we have very good DL depth. We were missing two starters tonight. Hoke, Kirschke, Eason.....nobody looked out of place.

For all of the problems that this team has, we have to say so far that our DL depth is very good.

BigBen2112

Ben HIMSELF said it in an interview after the game.

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G
    Bull. He said SPECIFICALLY that he suggested to "Coach Arians and Coach Tomlin"

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    DL depth?
    DL depth? I think that we showed tonight that we have very good DL depth. We were missing two starters tonight. Hoke, Kirschke, Eason.....nobody looked out of place.

For all of the problems that this team has, we have to say so far that our DL depth is very good.
    Yes, the ones we have are playing very well, but, we're thin with only 5 healthy defensive linemen. Any more injuries there and attrition will doom the Steelers.

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Yes, the ones we have are playing very well, but, we're thin with only 5 healthy defensive linemen. Any more injuries there and attrition will doom the Steelers.

Pappy
    Eason: 28
    Hoke: 32
    Smith: 32
    Kirschke: 34
    Roye: 35

I think that says it all... I know many linemen can maintain strong play as they age, but having five guys over 30 will catch up to us later in the season.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I love how every topic (in this case, one about the injuries that occurred tonight) somehow disintegrates into yet another "We must fire Arians" thread within 3 posts. Who are you people trying to convince at this point? Give it a rest already. I swear that someone is going to try to argue that the reason Druckenmiller pulled his offer to buy the team is because the front office refused to fire Arians. We should just appease the masses and do a cathartic Arians photoshop contest next so everyone can let their venom flow in a more creative way at least.

FIRE ZEIRLAN!!!
    BnB Mock 2014
    1. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
    2. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
    3. Dominique Easley, DT, Florida
    4. Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice
    5. Jordan Zumwalt, ILB, UCLA
    5. Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
    6. Prince Shembo, OLB, Notre Dame
    6. Beau Allen, NT, Wisconsin
    7. Shaquille Richardson, CB, Arizona (went to BnB's Los Alamitos High School)

Another AS masterpiece.