Thread: Ben overated ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben overated ?

when you let a rookie outperform you something is wrong. Flacco is getting just as much pressure on him , and he is looking down the barrel. Ben have a bad case of happy feet.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Ben overated ?

Ben is over-rated like Carson is over-rated (Only by their fanbase). Both are good QB's and a rated properly I think by most NFL fans outside of Cincy and Pittsburgh.

That is why I have said many times that there are only two elite QB's in the NFL, Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. Many others are good: Cutler, Carson, Ben, Brees, Romo and McNabb.

But only two are elite...

(Favre is in his own category)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben is the recipient of a pathetic OC and his playcalling... Not to mention a horrid OL...

...Is Ben over rated?... No. ... But he is getting no help whatsoever in producing a quality product on that side of the ball.... It sucks completely. No matter how you look at it.

Am I "hysterical" because our OL sucks and the OC sucks?... No. .... But at least I'll recognize the issue and try to talk about it... There are issues here, and I'm also not sure Ben is completely healthy... He looks awfully hesitant out there tonight. For whatever reason. ... But I guess that if we manage to win, alot of folks will say that everything is fine.... That Arians is good, the OL is not the issue, and everything is A-O.K. ....

Starter

User Info Menu

yeah, he's really overrated...what a joke
    "The standard is the standard" Mike Tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Dude get your ****ing hater ass out of here. We won that game with him calling the plays in the no huddle.

Backup

User Info Menu

Not. Even. Close.

Ben keeps this team afloat. Our OL is putrid and our playcalling is even worse... and still we manage to win games.

Put a less-mobile player or less-accurate player in and we would be much worse.

I think after this game, the one thing I can see clearly is that Ben's poor performance is directly linked to HORRIBLE playcalling. Get a real OC -- someone who can understand WHERE we have problems and HOW to mask those problems and we will be a much better team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LouSteel
    Not. Even. Close.

Ben keeps this team afloat. Our OL is putrid and our playcalling is even worse... and still we manage to win games.

Put a less-mobile player or less-accurate player in and we would be much worse.

I think after this game, the one thing I can see clearly is that Ben's poor performance is directly linked to HORRIBLE playcalling. Get a real OC -- someone who can understand WHERE we have problems and HOW to mask those problems and we will be a much better team.
    The O-line played a solid game tonight. Had Ben and the receivers been on the same page reading zero cover blitzes the game may have been out of reach early. The line picked up many blitzes nicely tonight, they also gave up a couple sacks, but, for the most part they were solid and good enough to give the play makers a chance.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    The O-line played a solid game tonight. Had Ben and the receivers been on the same page reading zero cover blitzes the game may have been out of reach early. The line picked up many blitzes nicely tonight, they also gave up a couple sacks, but, for the most part they were solid and good enough to give the play makers a chance.

Pappy
    OK, I will buy that -- there were some ugly patches but as a whole the performance was much better than... the recent past.

Going forward, how do we fix the sacks that were on Ben and the receivers? More notably, who was this on -- Ben or the WR?

In general we've looked out of sync, and I've attributed this to our OC. This level of sloppiness, though, is ridiculous. Could this problem be endemic to the organization...

Starter

User Info Menu

How many unblocked guys does Ben have to wrestle or juke before some realize the o-line is playing like bad word?? A qb should not be expected to perform when every other play there are guys coming unblocked.

I lost count of how many times our o-linemen blocked guys that were already blocked or no one at all.

I guess if we are comparing this performance to last week then yes, the o-line did a fine job...

Another AS masterpiece.