Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I wish we played the Broncos this season

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish we played the Broncos this season

Their defense absolutely sucks.

As a result I am about to lose 13 points in my confidence pick em pool since they were my lock of the week AND I am about to get knocked out of my loser pool at work since I picked the Chiefs thinking it was a no brainer.

I think I took the Broncos in our pool here as well.

I guess the only good news is Cutler is my QB in my money league and they're relegated to throwing every down now...and it's against the prevent D.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: I wish we played the Broncos this season

The Browns play them though, and their defense sucks almost as bad (today's game against the Palmer-less Bengals doesn't impress me). I could see the Broncos-Browns game surpassing the Jets-Cardinals game for total points scored.

LasVegasGuy

Defense or no defense a Tomlin coached team would have trouble beating someone not named Bengals, Browns or Ravens.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here we go again.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy
    Defense or no defense a Tomlin coached team would have trouble beating someone not named Bengals, Browns or Ravens.
    Any knowledgeable football fan knows that the most important games to win are your divisional games. Non conference games such as the one against the Eagles last weekend aren't nearly as important in the grand scheme of things.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Their defense absolutely sucks.

As a result I am about to lose 13 points in my confidence pick em pool since they were my lock of the week AND I am about to get knocked out of my loser pool at work since I picked the Chiefs thinking it was a no brainer.

I think I took the Broncos in our pool here as well.

I guess the only good news is Cutler is my QB in my money league and they're relegated to throwing every down now...and it's against the prevent D.
    You guys get to play us and the Browns twice and you're asking for even more easy games?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Any knowledgeable football fan knows that the most important games to win are your divisional games. Non conference games such as the one against the Eagles last weekend aren't nearly as important in the grand scheme of things.
    ...But for the most part, we all (AFC North teams) play similar teams except for a vary few exceptions... Overall record is important to this extent. Not that any other team within the division will have better luck with them, but it still holds potential to be important. While the non-conference game against Philly wasn't AS important, it still has alot of meaning as to where everyone will end up, IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    ...But for the most part, we all (AFC North teams) play similar teams except for a vary few exceptions... Overall record is important to this extent. Not that any other team within the division will have better luck with them, but it still holds potential to be important. While the non-conference game against Philly wasn't AS important, it still has alot of meaning as to where everyone will end up, IMO.
    It is better to go 6-0 against BAL-CIN-CLE and 0-6 against DAL-NYG-PHI-WAS-NE-SD than it would be to go 6-0 against DAL-NYG-PHI-WAS-NE-SD and 0-6 against BAL-CIN-CLE.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It is better to go 6-0 against BAL-CIN-CLE and 0-6 against DAL-NYG-PHI-WAS-NE-SD than it would be to go 6-0 against DAL-NYG-PHI-WAS-NE-SD and 0-6 against BAL-CIN-CLE.
    Very true... I am not underevaluating the divisional games... But since we all have similar opponents, losing is still a big deal, especially if one of our divisional teams pull out a win some how... If we finish, say, 9-7 and sweep the division while Balt finishes 10-6 and loses 5 of 6 within the division, it doesn't matter.... That is the aspect I was getting at... But what if we (within the division) are tied at the end?... I agree that the divisional games hold more weight, all things being equal. ... But beyond that, overall record against similar teams is also important.... Isn't it also one of the "tie breakers" if needed (I don't recall the progression of tiebreakers off-hand)?... And yes, if the example I gave panned out, we would win... I know.... But what if the divisional record were tied?... I'm just sayin' that's all.... Hell, it is too early to say for sure, but it would just be nice to have a better record over similar opponents...

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

Keep telling yourself that as we continue to keep losing to teams like the Jets, Cardinals, Patriots, Jaguars, Broncos, Eagles.

We should all be thankful we play in the AFC North. This is the only division other then the NFC West where we can hide the fact that our coach stinks. Don't let the phony AFC North title fool you because you have to remember the division we play in. It doesn't take a superior coach to have a better record then the garbage teams we play in the North. If we don't start beating teams outside our division we can forget about ever advancing in the playoffs but I guess that is O.K. as long as Tomlin keeps getting handed AFC North titles.