Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Damn

can't remember who said it, but when they did they were spot on. USC ALWAYS loses to a bad team... I mean tOSU (THE OREGON STATE UNIVERSITY)!

wait i know who said that... it was ME!

cannot believe they lost to oregon state!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Damn

maybe those USC vs tOSU threads were a few weeks early?

I didn't get to see the game

the team i coach had a game (i'm miserable at work today) about 2.5 hours away from gainesville (we won 50-14)!!

what happened?

and sorry NKY, i'm gonna have to tease you for a lil while about this one!

on a serious note, I thought USC was the best team in college football. with this loss, who is #1 now? not to be a homer, but i'd have to say Florida. I'm not sold on UGA and I dont think Oklahoma is as good as their ranking (though I think there is an arguement for either them or UF to be #1)

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Birt, I expect to be teased about this... I've already had 4 phone calls this morning about it... But a few weeks back when USC played OSU it WAS a good billing...

... USC just blew it. it was pathetic... Scratch them off the list as potential title teams...

As for who will be #1, I think it will be either Oklahoma or Georgia (if they beat Alabama). ... Florida is not playing that strong enough of an opponent to leap-frog over Oklahoma, IMO... But we shall see.

... Guess I can throw away the betting ticket I had on USC winning it all... You definitely got the title of this thread right... DAMN!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

honestly i thought it would come down to USC and Florida.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    honestly i thought it would come down to USC and Florida.
    I was hoping so.... It was actually a painful game to watch last night... I mean, Oregon St lost to Penn St for cryin' out loud!... But you are correct, they have issues with the "little guy" almost every year, it seems.

...Sad thing is this: While OSU lost to them, they can still win the Big-10 and go to the Rose Bowl... USC lost this game in conference, and is already down now...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

didn't USC lose to OSU 3 straight years now?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    didn't USC lose to OSU 3 straight years now?
    No, USC won last year... They have now lost two in a row when playing them in Corvalis (sp?).

Legend

User Info Menu

This gives me great joy. I am strangely satisfied and upset all at the same time. I despise everything USC...and love seeing them lose. Yet, all this means is tOSU sucks worse than USC. Ugh.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    This gives me great joy. I am strangely satisfied and upset all at the same time. I despise everything USC...and love seeing them lose. Yet, all this means is tOSU sucks worse than USC. Ugh.
    At least I didn't lose a sig line for a week! ... But that doesn't make me feel any better at all... Oh well, you can start counting down your revenge next season...

Now this is a bit confusing, but I'm just playing around here a bit...

tOSU lost to USC, who lost to Oregon St, who lost to Penn St....

...So if Penn St beats OSU, are they the best? Or better yet, if OSU beats Penn St, does it mean anything?... I know it doesn't, but a friend of mine called me today to tease me, and mentioned this... At least he didn't pelt me with frozen marshmellows like he did at the old Pitt/Penn St games back in the '80s...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Birt.... being a fellow Gator fan, I'm bummed. I guess the upsets in the top 5 didn't continue with USC. But like I said in another thread, the SEC will continue to beat up each other. At least the loss was within the conference.