Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colon gets decent grades despite sack

Re: Colon gets decent grades despite sack

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan
    P.S. Oh, and BTW, I don't think any discussion of Heath Miller is "fair and balanced" without acknowledging that he has serious problems blocking for Big Ben, limiting his usefuleness in a HUGE way when calling plays against a D like the Eagles showed us on Sunday.
    I disagree ... I think Miller does a good job in pass protection and is an excellent run blocker. Granted the Philly game wasn't his best effort but overall I am very pleased with his blocking. I can't say the same about Simmons and Colon.
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    P.S. Oh, and BTW, I don't think any discussion of Heath Miller is "fair and balanced" without acknowledging that he has serious problems blocking for Big Ben, limiting his usefuleness in a HUGE way when calling plays against a D like the Eagles showed us on Sunday.
    I disagree ... I think Miller does a good job in pass protection and is an excellent run blocker. Granted the Philly game wasn't his best effort but overall I am very pleased with his blocking. I can't say the same about Simmons and Colon.
    OK, thanks for the heads up, I was basing this on his performance Sunday. Anyone can have a bad day, you're right, I'll try and watch how things go Monday night.

But really, the main point of this was regarding colon's comments on a "good grade".

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

OK, thanks for the heads up, I was basing this on his performance Sunday. Anyone can have a bad day, you're right, I'll try and watch how things go Monday night.

But really, the main point of this was regarding colon's comments on a "good grade".
    You're right ... how anyone associated with pass protection could've gotten a "good grade" in that game is beyond me. It must be the new math
    <a href=http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2011/02/roger-goodell.jpg target=_blank>http://seahawknationblog.com/files/2...er-goodell.jpg</a>

motter1975

They must grade them on a number scale like they did when I was in Catholic School
    1 = A
    2 = B
    3 = C
    4 = D
    5 = F

He probably got graded a 5 and thought it was a good thing!

[rant] Hmmmm, I'd be interested to see the RBs, TEs and QB grades then, because, someone screwed the d@mn pooch last Sunday. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that anyone is willing to stand and take account for the failure of the offense. Regardless, of whether you believe they graded out okay or not we can all agree that the offense was pathetic. If the offense was pathetic then there has to be some pathetic grades somewhere, so who received them?

This is rather disconcerting that after that abysmal performance by the offense no one will take resopnsibility for what happened. How do you fix somehting if you don't believe anything is wrong? They all need an AA 12 step program and the first step is admitting there's a problem.

Continuity my @ss someone stand up and take some responsibility! [/rant]

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

I agree Miller is an above average blocker.

Hall of Famer

how anyone associated with pass protection could've gotten a "good grade" in that game is beyond me.
    There is a simple reason for this...

...Arians is just as creative with his grading scale as he is with his playcalling... And he adjusts the grades from week to week in the same manner that he adjusts his plan during a game... Not at all.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    [rant] Hmmmm, I'd be interested to see the RBs, TEs and QB grades then, because, someone screwed the d@mn pooch last Sunday. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that anyone is willing to stand and take account for the failure of the offense. Regardless, of whether you believe they graded out okay or not we can all agree that the offense was pathetic. If the offense was pathetic then there has to be some pathetic grades somewhere, so who received them?

This is rather disconcerting that after that abysmal performance by the offense no one will take resopnsibility for what happened. How do you fix somehting if you don't believe anything is wrong? They all need an AA 12 step program and the first step is admitting there's a problem.

Continuity my @ss someone stand up and take some responsibility! [/rant]

Pappy
    Welcome to the nightmare! Now it is being said that the OL passed the test Sunday! They say it was the scheme! Scheme my buttocks! Accountability has to come into play at some point. Everyone wants to pass the buck, not my fault... No accountability, who's in charge of this team? Is there a head coach who cares what is going on?