Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colon gets decent grades despite sack

Colon gets decent grades despite sack

Colon gets decent grades despite sacks
    By John Harris
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Thursday, September 25, 2008

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 89955.html

According to Steelers tackle Willie Colon, the offensive line received decent grades despite allowing a season-high nine sacks in Sunday's 15-6 loss at Philadelphia. "We graded well, surprisingly," Colon said Wednesday. "Ask the coaches, the O-line did a pretty decent job. There were a lot of communication issues. As a line, we had some big errors. I had a big one. Two other guys had big ones. Those kind of stood out the most."

Heath Miller had his most productive game as a receiver this season, with four catches for 63 yards against the Eagles. After three games, Miller, who's third on the team with nine receptions, is on pace to finish the season with 48 catches, one more than he had last season. "Week to week, it just kind of depends on how we want to adjust to that, or how we want to attack that," Miller said. "You can never tell how many opportunities you're going to get. You just want to make the most of them when you get them."

The Steelers will wear their throwback uniforms against Baltimore -- the same ones worn in last year's Monday night game against the Ravens at Heinz Field.

Troy Polamalu (quadriceps), Marvel Smith (not injury related), Deshea Townsend (heel), Hines Ward (not injury related), LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) and Donovan Woods (hamstring) missed practice yesterday.

Digits

5 -- Touchdown passes Ben Roethlisberger had in a 38-7 win over Baltimore on Nov. 5, 2007.

5 -- First downs recorded by Baltimore in same game.

John Harris can be reached at jharris@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must be grading on a curve system

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Re: Colon gets decent grades despite sack

Scarey.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Scarey.
    No joke

Hall of Famer

That is ridiculous. Zierlin must be fired this offseason. He obviously did not have them prepared to face the Eagles.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

Must of been a hell of a curve they were grading on if the O-line scored well!!!

Pro Bowler

It's the new federal program - "No lineman gets left behind"

We don't want to discourage ourr lineman by giving them failing grades. We want to encourage them and ensure their self esteem is not bruised. All linemen from the Eagles game get 9th place trophies - win or lose, they're all winners...

Pro Bowler

I didn't see Ben's post game interview - not sure he even gave one. But I'm wondering if he congratulated his o-line for protecting him like he does after almost every game.

"Sasquatch crush terrible grading curve!!!!!"

Legend

Colon is terrible at pass blocking against speed rushers. He gets beat to the outside way too much. I said at the beginning of the season that they need to move Colon to RG and let Starks play RT.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer
    Colon gets decent grades despite sacks
    By John Harris
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW
    Thursday, September 25, 2008

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsbu ... 89955.html

According to Steelers tackle Willie Colon, the offensive line received decent grades despite allowing a season-high nine sacks in Sunday's 15-6 loss at Philadelphia. "We graded well, surprisingly," Colon said Wednesday. "Ask the coaches, the O-line did a pretty decent job. There were a lot of communication issues. As a line, we had some big errors. I had a big one. Two other guys had big ones. Those kind of stood out the most."

Heath Miller had his most productive game as a receiver this season, with four catches for 63 yards against the Eagles. After three games, Miller, who's third on the team with nine receptions, is on pace to finish the season with 48 catches, one more than he had last season. "Week to week, it just kind of depends on how we want to adjust to that, or how we want to attack that," Miller said. "You can never tell how many opportunities you're going to get. You just want to make the most of them when you get them."

The Steelers will wear their throwback uniforms against Baltimore -- the same ones worn in last year's Monday night game against the Ravens at Heinz Field.

Troy Polamalu (quadriceps), Marvel Smith (not injury related), Deshea Townsend (heel), Hines Ward (not injury related), LaMarr Woodley (hamstring) and Donovan Woods (hamstring) missed practice yesterday.

Digits

5 -- Touchdown passes Ben Roethlisberger had in a 38-7 win over Baltimore on Nov. 5, 2007.

5 -- First downs recorded by Baltimore in same game.

John Harris can be reached at jharris@tribweb.com or 412-481-5432.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Must be grading on a curve system
    Just when I started relaxing, figuring the Steelers must be working overtime on ways to fix the line in time for the Ratbirds game, I read this - "we actually did pretty well", or some *** like that.

Please, PLEASE, tell me this is a hoax. The first step towards fixing a problem is getting past denial and admitting you HAVE a problem. Group therapy 101 ("Hi, I'm SASF, and I am a Steeler addict", for example). If these guys are practicing this week thinking they actually did "well", lord help us for the rest of the season.

If this is real, then I think that in the court of Steeler Nation opinion, no more evidence needs to be presented in the trial of A and Z - these guys SUCK as coaches, they can't even get their players to face reality.

P.S. Oh, and BTW, I don't think any discussion of Heath Miller is "fair and balanced" without acknowledging that he has serious problems blocking for Big Ben, limiting his usefuleness in a HUGE way when calling plays against a D like the Eagles showed us on Sunday.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!