Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I in a dream world?

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Am I in a dream world?

I have been venturing to all of the Steeler message boards, etc, and all I've read is, "we're screwed, we're terrible, we won't win another game, BEn sucks, the line is terrible, our WRs are the worst in football, all the coaches need to be fired..." I can't take it anymore. Everyone needs to calm the hell down. It was one game, in WEEK 3, on the road! Did we look bad? Heck yeah. Will we be ready to play in 6 days against a rookie D1AA QB? I would like to think so. I can't believe everyone is ready to pack it in. Screw that. I''l be at that MNF screaming my face off, and I hope there are 64,999 other Steeler fans with me. The season is not over. We are not a bad team. We will bounce back. Ben and the offense will step up this week. Good night. *Rant off*
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Re: Am I in a dream world?

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    I have been venturing to all of the Steeler message boards, etc, and all I've read is, "we're screwed, we're terrible, we won't win another game, BEn sucks, the line is terrible, our WRs are the worst in football, all the coaches need to be fired..." I can't take it anymore. Everyone needs to calm the hell down. It was one game, in WEEK 3, on the road! Did we look bad? Heck yeah. Will we be ready to play in 6 days against a rookie D1AA QB? I would like to think so. I can't believe everyone is ready to pack it in. Screw that. I''l be at that MNF screaming my face off, and I hope there are 64,999 other Steeler fans with me. The season is not over. We are not a bad team. We will bounce back. Ben and the offense will step up this week. Good night. *Rant off*
    I agree!! Monday can't get here soon enough! (I don't say that very often).

Pro Bowler

It took me a day to get over it, but when I got home Monday night I was ready to move on. The team performed badly on Sunday and I didn't like it but it's not like any of us thought we were going to go 19-0. The Eagles get paid too, and even though we don't want to admit it they are a contender in the NFC. Plus when was the last time the Steelers won in Philly? Wasn't the Civil War going on? I can't wait till Monday so the Steelers can show the rest of the NFL that last week was an anomoly. I fully expect the Steelers to take hold of the division this week and never look back. The rest of the divisional teams are not in the same class with the Steelers.

Plus it's Ravens week, it's time to start talking some trash about Ray Ray, and the rest of those losers from the Worst City in the USA.

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

I'm over it. Do we have some issues to take care of this off-season. Absofugginlutely... but this season is here and now and we've all waited too painfully long for it to get here.... for what? To cry about one game where our team played sub-par? Enjoy it while it lasts. We will bounce back and there's no way this team gets own at home on a National stage. Can't wait until Monday!

Pro Bowler

Well said, SN1!!

I'm psyched about Monday night and seeing what Mendenhall can bring. We will bounce back and reestablish ourselves as a legitimate contender. No doubt!!

I always say after a game like this that any team can be beaten, and beaten soundly. The true test of a team is how ther react to it. Monday's game is a lot more important than the game we just saw. If they can come out and handle the Ravens then I will put week 3 behind me. If they struggle and repeat the same mistakes, provide the same lack of protection etc, then the problems are compounded.

I always say after a game like this that any team can be beaten, and beaten soundly. The true test of a team is how ther react to it. Monday's game is a lot more important than the game we just saw. If they can come out and handle the Ravens then I will put week 3 behind me. If they struggle and repeat the same mistakes, provide the same lack of protection etc, then the problems are compounded.

The doom & gloomers always pizz me off. I consider them people whom I would never want to watch a game with, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to lower themselves to watch a game with me, and thats OK. Always rash with judgement, mostly because they know better than the people in charge. The only saving grace is they are usually quiet when the team wins, luckily for us and for the Steelers, that has been more times than not over the past decade or so. However, after a single loss, they are back in full force with the "I have been saying . . ." "We need to make a change . . ." what a bunch of horsedfjkg.Everyone has a right to their opinion, but these guys never seem to acknowlege that someone outside of themselves can ever be right.

Legend

It will be whatever it will be. Message board experts have no control over the outcome. We all want a positive outcome, but all the b*tching and whining in the world won't change a thing. That's the thing about being a fan--we have zero control even though we may like to believe we do.

Like I always say. The NFL season is like a roller coaster. All you can do is strap in a enjoy the ride because you have zero control. The only decision you get is to get on or not get on. I'm on this one for better or worse
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

Pro Bowler
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    The doom & gloomers always pizz me off. I consider them people whom I would never want to watch a game with, and I'm sure they wouldn't want to lower themselves to watch a game with me, and thats OK. Always rash with judgement, mostly because they know better than the people in charge. The only saving grace is they are usually quiet when the team wins, luckily for us and for the Steelers, that has been more times than not over the past decade or so. However, after a single loss, they are back in full force with the "I have been saying . . ." "We need to make a change . . ." what a bunch of horsedfjkg.Everyone has a right to their opinion, but these guys never seem to acknowlege that someone outside of themselves can ever be right.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.