Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sure we can talk about....

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Sure we can talk about....

Eh, it used to bother me a lot when I was single and could expend the energy solely on being a Steeler fan and not have to worry about anyone but myself.

Now, with a wife and kids, I hate when they lose, but, I'm over the loss 5 minutes after the game ends. My weekend was excellent, the boys won three soccer games, the youngest was accepted onto the 'A' team for the indoor lacrosse season and my wife and I are proud parents.

The Steelers lost, eh, it's Monday and I'm at work, life goes on and it's all good for Pappy, Mrs. Pappy and junior Pappys.

Oh yea, and, it's officially Ravens week!

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

I used to let a loss fester until the next game but I think with age that has changed. I'm pretty much over the anger an hour or so after the game and onto thinking about how they improve for the next game.

Legend

User Info Menu

You aren't going to win every game, and if there are games that are less damaging to lose, it would be the games against the NFC teams (since division record and conference record get figured into playoff seeding tiebreaker formulas).

The only thing I worry about is the copycat nature of the league, so every team is going to be blitz-happy from here on out. Luckily, there aren't many DC's that are as good as Jim Johnson out there. I worry a bit for Ben's health when we face Spagnolo's Giants' squad, but there aren't many others that are on the same level.

Facing the Ravens' D will be a test next week, but I think that our D will give their O even more fits than their D gives our O. Same thing with the Jags game after that...it will be another test for our o-line, but the banged-up o-line in Jax may be even in worse shape than ours.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm confident LeBeau will come up with a scheme to make Flacco's 55.7 QB rating even lower.

I just hope he brings the corners up a bit more against them...the Ravens are no threat to go deep and with pressure on Flacco the threat will be even less.

If he gives up those short passes the Rook's confidence will build.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good thread, some good advice in here. I have to train the mind to let go after a game like this. This board is my happy place and provides therapy...just need to ignore the fire everything and cut everyone posts (not saying they're wrong or don't agree with them but they really are out of my control, I'm just a fan).

On to the Ravens,
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Good thread, some good advice in here. I have to train the mind to let go after a game like this. This board is my happy place and provides therapy...just need to ignore the fire everything and cut everyone posts (not saying they're wrong or don't agree with them but they really are out of my control, I'm just a fan).

On to the Ravens,
    Highlighted for truth and

It's all good today and it's officially Ravens week!

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    I feel horrible. I mean I completely saw this coming this season, but I hoped I was wrong. I was cautiously optimistic. I was ANYTHING but expecting this. I mean it actually HURT ME to see Ben abused like that...to see the coaching fall apart...to see the OL simply collapse. I can honestly say that it was a disgusting. I never thought I would see a game played that poorly and the coaching staff just standing there.

Honestly, I miss the days when if players played like this at least as fans we would feel like something was being done:

Forgetting about the entire 2006 season???