Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sure we can talk about....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sure we can talk about....

Firing the OC, OL coach, bench Ben and anything else we can think of during our time of frustration, but dammit I'm hurt. Looking around at my family now it looks like someone busted into my house and took the dog and we couldn't do anything about it. Question is does anyone feel down like this during an ass whooping? Or am I/we getting into the game too much. I'm curious here.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Sure we can talk about....

Quote Originally Posted by costanza2k1
    Firing the OC, OL coach, bench Ben and anything else we can think of during our time of frustration, but dammit I'm hurt. Looking around at my family now it looks like someone busted into my house and took the dog and we couldn't do anything about it. Question is does anyone feel down like this during an bad word whooping? Or am I/we getting into the game too much. I'm curious here.
    I'm down and it is bothering me, but its not the end of the world. I don't think any of us thought the Steelers were going to go undefeated. It sucks to lose like we did , but I look at it this way. For as bad as the game was today the team still had a chance with less than 5 minutes to make one play and win the game. I think we all understand that there is work to be done and I fully expect to see the team come out next week with a little something to prove. The Steelers always are a different team at home, plus it is Baltimore.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

Firing the OC, OL coach, bench Ben and anything else we can think of during our time of frustration, but dammit I'm hurt. Looking around at my family now it looks like someone busted into my house and took the dog and we couldn't do anything about it. Question is does anyone feel down like this during an bad word whooping? Or am I/we getting into the game too much. I'm curious here.
    Win lose or draw I still have to go to work tomorrow. So I hold my head high and am proud to be a Pittsburgh Steelers fan

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Starter

User Info Menu

Truthfully I have gotten better throughout the years, but I am still sick to my stomach, I realized that I have a drinking problem, and I have also realized that I am addicted to Steeler football...something I can't control. I live far enough away where I could ignore it completely and focus on my family and my job, and this would lead me to a better life with more money and more love. I would probably be completely satisfied with my life, and live everyday to it's fullest instead of posting on Steeler web sites and drinking myself in to oblivion everytime they lose. Nah, I like it the way it is,

Starter

User Info Menu

You're not alone.

Even as a kid/teen in the 80's, losing every other week, I felt sick after each loss. At least we have a place to go and vent these days.

Another AS masterpiece.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's the fact that we shouldn't have lost this one. We lost because of coaching.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

BigBen2112

I feel horrible. I mean I completely saw this coming this season, but I hoped I was wrong. I was cautiously optimistic. I was ANYTHING but expecting this. I mean it actually HURT ME to see Ben abused like that...to see the coaching fall apart...to see the OL simply collapse. I can honestly say that it was a disgusting. I never thought I would see a game played that poorly and the coaching staff just standing there.

Honestly, I miss the days when if players played like this at least as fans we would feel like something was being done:

Instead we have cool-hand-luke and his unable posse as our coaching staff and we have a complete dunce running the team from the front office. I could care less if we lose games...it would hurt, but teams dont normally go undefeated so you expect to lose at least a little...but like this?

Thanks Colbert for the standup job you have done to prepare this team in the trenches. Thank you for giving us a 100million dollar QB who you care about so much and want to protect your investment so much that you give him a line completely incapable and worthless. Thanks for adding good depth on the DL and really preparing our team in that area.

Oh yeah that's right...you took another LB in the 3rd round who now is not even ACTIVE when an UNDRAFTED ROOKIE (Bailey) IS ACTIVE. The dude cant even contribute on special teams like Timmons did his first year.

We are weak in the trenches because you are a complete dunce and uncapable of building a team with toughness and with a STEELER identity.

Colbert+Arians+Zierlein=

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I turned my wife into a Steelers fan long ago. And just from being around us, my in-laws have become fans. And of course, armpit jr. is a fan. The funny thing is, I'm the one doing the consoling these days because THEY get so bummed out when we lose. Sure, I'm mad and upset, but I find myself saying, "It was just a bad game" or "we'll be back next week". Not sure if I actually believe what I'm saying, but it seems to help.

So you're not alone, costanza. I don't think I've felt this low about a loss since Baltimore whipped us a few years back. I purposely have avoided a lot of the "blame threads" last night and this morning. I just want to know how its going to get fixed.

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    I turned my wife into a Steelers fan long ago. And just from being around us, my in-laws have become fans. And of course, armpit jr. is a fan. The funny thing is, I'm the one doing the consoling these days because THEY get so bummed out when we lose. Sure, I'm mad and upset, but I find myself saying, "It was just a bad game" or "we'll be back next week". Not sure if I actually believe what I'm saying, but it seems to help.

So you're not alone, costanza. I don't think I've felt this low about a loss since Baltimore whipped us a few years back. I purposely have avoided a lot of the "blame threads" last night and this morning. I just want to know how its going to get fixed.
    How are we supposed to fix it arm? Seriously. Our OL is INCAPABLE. We have a sh*t ton of money invested into those guys and they all basically suck. The OC cant change game plans or adapt at all. He almost got our star QB killed because of his sh*t...and our head coach doesnt even appear to care...or atleast not enough to take the game out of the hands of the moronic OC!

Oh and to top it all off we have a front office run by Colbert who is completely inept at finding good players for the trenches.

We also have a NT that cares so much about his team that he shows up completely out of shape and does nothing but joke about it...then proceeds to get injured (and dont tell me that weight has nothing to do with his hamstring injury).

It sucks.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit

How are we supposed to fix it arm? Seriously. Our OL is INCAPABLE. We have a sh*t ton of money invested into those guys and they all basically suck. The OC cant change game plans or adapt at all. He almost got our star QB killed because of his sh*t...and our head coach doesnt even appear to care...or atleast not enough to take the game out of the hands of the moronic OC!

Oh and to top it all off we have a front office run by Colbert who is completely inept at finding good players for the trenches.

We also have a NT that cares so much about his team that he shows up completely out of shape and does nothing but joke about it...then proceeds to get injured (and dont tell me that weight has nothing to do with his hamstring injury).

It sucks.
    I don't know. And the saddest thing is that I'm pretty sure they don't know either.