Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not the end as some see it.........

Pro Bowler

Not the end as some see it.........

yep, today sucked. Many of us predicted our O-line was the weak link and needed to be addressed in the off season - it wasn't and it sure showed today. who knows if they can come together as a unit by the end of the year? i don't. I do see it this way however, I think we beat baltimore on monday night. The bungles have no heart so we take them out as well and hit the bye week at 4-1. it's too soon to panic or throw in the towel. we won't play the eagles again until the superbowl.........

Re: Not the end as some see it.........

No panicking but I think the felons can blitz with the best of them. Hopefully this iggles game wakes up arians/zierlein/tomlin and the issue is addressed as a staff and as a team

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by starlifter
    yep, today sucked. Many of us predicted our O-line was the weak link and needed to be addressed in the off season - it wasn't and it sure showed today. who knows if they can come together as a unit by the end of the year? i don't. I do see it this way however, I think we beat baltimore on monday night. The bungles have no heart so we take them out as well and hit the bye week at 4-1. it's too soon to panic or throw in the towel. we won't play the eagles again until the superbowl.........
    Well, this is still game day so the doomsayers and complainers (me included) are still out in full. A couple days later, people will have time to think this through and look at this more realistically.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by starlifter
    We play Baltimore next Monday and then Jacksonville on Sunday Night......not Cincinnati.
    I think we will be 3-2 going into the bye!!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    We play Baltimore next Monday and then Jacksonville on Sunday Night......not Cincinnati.
    Hell no! Never concede victory to the opponent! Especially Jerksonville. They have their own OL issues anyway. Miami demonstrated that a team can bomb one week and play great the next. at least wait and see...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    Hell no! Never concede victory to the opponent! Especially Jerksonville. They have their own OL issues anyway. Miami demonstrated that a team can bomb one week and play great the next. at least wait and see...
    I hear ya brother, sorry its just hours after the game and I am pi$$ed right now!!! You're right though!! I fully expect to see the team respond next week and put a spanking on the Ratturds. Plus its Monday night and throw back jerseys.....and as far as Jacksonville, $crew em....were going to kick the crap out of em. Just blitz them like Philly did to us!!!! 4-1 going into the bye sounds much better!

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Its still early in the season, but when you have the toughest NFL schedule, this was one of the wins most were counting on. The iggles were the only team in their division that didn't make the post season last year. How are we going to deal with the G-Men or Dallas, hell with Washington. We need to fix our offense, and the way to do that is to get rid of some of the coordinators. Arians/Zeirline need gone.... keeping them is like having surgery and closing up the incision with a band aid.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    I hear ya brother, sorry its just hours after the game and I am pi$$ed right now!!! You're right though!! I fully expect to see the team respond next week and put a spanking on the Ratturds. Plus its Monday night and throw back jerseys.....and as far as Jacksonville, $crew em....were going to kick the crap out of em. Just blitz them like Philly did to us!!!! 4-1 going into the bye sounds much better!

STEELERS RULE! JAGOFFS DROOL...
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Its still early in the season, but when you have the toughest NFL schedule, this was one of the wins most were counting on. The iggles were the only team in their division that didn't make the post season last year. How are we going to deal with the G-Men or Dallas, hell with Washington. We need to fix our offense, and the way to do that is to get rid of some of the coordinators. Arians/Zeirline need gone.... keeping them is like having surgery and closing up the incision with a band aid.
    Just remember each game is an independent event and anything that happened prior to that week's game is irrelevant. You can't judge how one team plays against another to determine how the Steelers will perform against them.

The Ravens are next and anything that they did against Cleveland is irrelevant to how the Steelers will do. different personnel, different coaching philosophies, different rivalry, different stadium, etc.

Just sit back, realx for a week, stop by here to chat and then get amped for next Monday night!

Pappy

1.15) Ryan Shazier - ILB/OLB
    2.46) Stephon Tuitt - DE
    3.97) Dri Archer - RB
    4.118 ) Martavis Bryant - WR
    5.157) Shaquille Richardson - CB
    6.173) Wesley Johnson - OT
    6.192) Jordan Zumwalt - ILB
    7.215) Daniel McCullers - DT
    7.230) Rob Blanchflower - TE

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Just remember each game is an independent event and anything that happened prior to that week's game is irrelevant. You can't judge how one team plays against another to determine how the Steelers will perform against them.

The Ravens are next and anything that they did against Cleveland is irrelevant to how the Steelers will do. different personnel, different coaching philosophies, different rivalry, different stadium, etc.

Just sit back, realx for a week, stop by here to chat and then get amped for next Monday night!

Pappy

I can't argue with that logic. Thanks, Pap.