Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unofficial Report?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Unofficial Report?

I know drafting a guy is the obvious solution to the problem, but in reality a rook would have come in and sat behind those two turds anyway. I am really surprised that we didn't look around in free agency. and if we did look, it was with NO sense of urgency (obviously)

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    I know drafting a guy is the obvious solution to the problem, but in reality a rook would have come in and sat behind those two turds anyway. I am really surprised that we didn't look around in free agency. and if we did look, it was with NO sense of urgency (obviously)
    I think next year we have to draft 3-4 OL...and expect one to start and do a capable job...the guys we have now aren't even quasi-capable.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BB i agree with you. we have to draft some guys and we need them to perform. I think it would be a good idea to get a guy that is half decent in free agency too. oh yea and get rid of that dumbass zierline.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BB i agree with you. we have to draft some guys and we need them to perform. I think it would be a good idea to get a guy that is half decent in free agency too. oh yea and get rid of that dumbass zierline.

Something rather immediate needs to occur. I mean you nearly let up a record amount of sacks and it was rather ridiculous. At minimum, a head rolls...soon Benching people likely doesn't work. Is there a possibility of a trade at some point soon?
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yea, we need to draft at least 3 OL next year, so we can line up 8 of them across the front LOS. To go along with our RB, 2 TE's, 2 WR's, and QB. Wait, that's like 14 on the O.

Why are you folks blaming the OL when it was clearly coaching that lost us this game? We could not pick up the blitzes and Ben was unable to get rid of the ball on many occasions. That is clearly the fault of the OC and HC.

Chalk it up to a great defensive game by the Eagles and their DC.

The OL gets the blame from many of you, when you should be second guessing the OC and HC on this one.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73
    Yea, we need to draft at least 3 OL next year, so we can line up 8 of them across the front LOS. To go along with our RB, 2 TE's, 2 WR's, and QB. Wait, that's like 14 on the O.

Why are you folks blaming the OL when it was clearly coaching that lost us this game? We could not pick up the blitzes and Ben was unable to get rid of the ball on many occasions. That is clearly the fault of the OC and HC.

Chalk it up to a great defensive game by the Eagles and their DC.

The OL gets the blame from many of you, when you should be second guessing the OC and HC on this one.

This must be the first thread you clicked on felix. There is plenty of Fire Arians and Zierlein stuff going on here. And they deserve some heat. I think its a blend of coaching and execution. Felix you can't tell me that us having 3 guys standing around looking at each other while ben is getting killed (just like that arby's photoshop) that its completely the coaches fault. Its both, everyone understands that I think.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

I didn't get to see much of the game, since, I was playing taxi driver for our youngest son all afternoon. Where did most of the pressure come from? the right? the left? up the middle? everywhere equally? I was listening on the radio and caught bits and pieces on a TV in where I was at two things jumped out at me:

1 - When you're getting pressured every time you drop back why do you line up with an empty backfield?

2 - With all the pressure why does Ben run the play clock down so close to expiring. You're basically giving the Eagles the snap count when you do that.

Lets see how the team handles a little adversity. Next Monday will be a big game now that the Ravens beat the Browns.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

and all that bull**** that the oline was trying to say about ben taking less hits is the definition of comedy.
    Actually, they were saying that they needed to make sure that Ben doesn't get hit after the play....and they solved that this week.

They let him get hit during the play instead.