Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Seriously, what do you think Tomlin and Arians

Hall of Famer

Re: Seriously, what do you think Tomlin and Arians

Well..... We have what we have... There's nothing you nor I can do about it... So I guess we just better get used to the fact of it all and deal with it...

...Arians is lackluster and cannot make any adjustments whatsoever. ... So we work with it... I guess we must just simply get the lead and keep it... Otherwise, the game is done.

...How many remaining games can we do that?

Tomlin needs to clean house...I truely believe that.
    2014 NFL Draft
    1) ​Darqueze Dennard-DB MSU
    2) Jordan Matthews-WR Vandy
    3) Chris Borland-ILB Wisconsin
    4) Caraun Reid, DT Princeton
    5) De'Anthony Thomas-RB Oregon
    5b) Ryan Carrethers-NT Arkansas State
    6) Jeff Janis-WR Saginow Valley State
    6b) Seantrel Henderson, OT MIami
    7) Colt Lyerla -TE Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    Even D LeBeau? I am tired of his 12 yard cushion on the receivers, that allowed the cheaters to eat our cookies for the last few years, but other than that he seems OK to me.

But the rest of these bums? Adios.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Les 74
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    I have been shouting out about this Bruce A for a long time. He completely sucks. He has no idea of adjustment, and is as predictable as a drunk whore at a bar near closing time.

I have heard some on here the last two weeks saying he has come around. I just shut up and let it happen because I thought that maybe that was correct.

I'm right, and whomever said that about BA is wrong.

Hey Tomlin, it's leadership time here, Sir! Get busy with a new OC. NOW!!!! Letting the coaches do their job with a hands off approach has its limits, and it has been reached.
    And if you are afraid Ben would not do well with a new system during the season then take over the playcalling from Arians and fire him at the end of the season!
    While I agree to a point,Tomlin is a defensive minded coach.Do you want him handling the O play calling...................not that it could be much worse??
    He's the head coach of this football team now. Defensive preferences or not he runs the whole show. He better be capable of calling offensive plays!

And that's EXACTLY what should be happening. I dont think we need a male cheerleader on the sidelines...we need a coach. A LEADER of this football team. Arians doesnt lead the offense, and Zierlein cant get anything together on the OL. It's Tomlin's JOB to show up and do the right thing...be the leader, and make the calls.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan
    Even D LeBeau? I am tired of his 12 yard cushion on the receivers, that allowed the cheaters to eat our cookies for the last few years, but other than that he seems OK to me.

But the rest of these bums? Adios.
    The defense isn't the problem, not even close. They gave up 17 to the Texans and 14 was in garbage time, they gave up 6 to the Browns and 15 to the Eagles that hung 38 on the Cowboys last Monday night.

If you hold any NFL team to 15 points you have to expect to win the game. The defense was awesome today, they were on the field a lot.

Pappy

1.15) Ra'Shede Hageman - DE
    2.47) Jason Verrett - CB
    3.97) CJ Fiedorowicz - TE
    4.114) Brandon Coleman - WR
    5.145) Lamin Barrow - ILB
    5.173) Terrance Mitchell - CB
    6.176)
    7.207) Jay Bromley - DT
    7.215)

"Before you can win a game, you have to not lose it." -- Chuck Noll

Pro Bowler

...and it needs to include Colbert. And remember, Tomlin did not get to "pick" his OC, it was mandated by Colbert to ease the transition. It's time to give Tomlin a GM who shares his vision, the coaches he wants, the players he needs & the money to get it done.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Life
    ...and it needs to include Colbert. And remember, Tomlin did not get to "pick" his OC, it was mandated by Colbert to ease the transition. It's time to give Tomlin a GM who shares his vision, the coaches he wants, the players he needs & the money to get it done.
    x2

I think Tomlin needs to be given the chance in the offseason to bring in his own staff with people that he is comfortable with. I am sure the Dick Lebeau will be kept on the staff for as long as he wants to stay, and I am sure that won't be a problem.

As far as Colbert, I think he gets one more offseason to improve this team in the trenches and if it is not done, then yes, he needs to be shown the door.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

If Arians survives this season then I'll shiiiiit eggrolls. WTF. How can you crap away the talent level of this team with schemes that do not work and also rarely capture the strengths of the individual players within our O. Spread offense? The only thing Arians is spreading are his butt cheeks... to every defensive coordinator that we face.

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    If Arians survives this season then I'll shiiiiit eggrolls. WTF. How can you crap away the talent level of this team with schemes that do not work and also rarely capture the strengths of the individual players within our O. Spread offense? The only thing Arians is spreading are his butt cheeks... to every defensive coordinator that we face.
    Post of the day!

Please don't explain where the sweet and sour sauce comes from.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I think everyone needs to settle the @#$% down.

Last week, people were badmouthing every writer that had the gall to put the almighty Steelers as low as #5 in their own personal power rankings because we were surely Super Bowl bound.

This week, everyone on this board seems to want to fire the G.M., head coach, offensive coordinator, offensive line coach, special teams coaches, etc. because we are the suckiest sucks that have ever sucked.

News flash: this organization does not make rash judgments like that. I'll leave it to Al Davis to fire coaches 3 weeks into the season.

1.15 WR Mike Evans, Texas A&M
    2.46 TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins, Washington
    3.97c CB Philip Gaines, Rice
    4.118 ILB Shayne Skov, Stanford
    5.157 OT James Hurst, North Carolina
    5.173c RB Jerrick McKinnon, Georgia Southern
    6.192 CB Walt Aikens, Liberty
    6.215c DE Deandre Coleman, California
    7.230 NT Zack Kerr, Delaware