Thread: Start Leftwich!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Start Leftwich!

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    We lost one game. I think everyone should boycott and turn off their TVs until next September.

I also believe that unless we fire the OC and the OL coach we should never turn the TVs back on because there are at least 10,000 NFL ready OC's and OL coaches who don't have jobs and come with money back guarantees that they can fix all that is wrong with the Steelers within 1 millisecond and that the Steelers will never again play a bad game or lose a game. At least 100 of theose new OCs could also simultaneously perform the duties of GM and college scout. Most of those individuals can be contacted directly on this MB or at the Trib MB.

It's time we as fans take a stand and refuse to accept a single bad game or a defeat ever. True fans don't need to have perspective because the Steelers only exist to make us feel good. They let us down last week and it can't be tolerated.

I'm all for a Top 5 draft pick next year and will take 4 Offensive Linemen with my first 4 picks because everyone should know that rookies in the NFL guarantee success over the players we have now.
    I hope your idea of success in the NFL isn't what the O-line did this past weekend? :P The Ravens are a stout defense, what say you if Ben is sacked 4 or 5 times and can't finish the game? Give them time to gel? It's Arians fault? It's Zeirlein's fault? At some point it's the players, we'll see what happens come Monday night.

Man, I hope you're correct and it can be fixed, there's a lot of talent on this football team and the window only stays open for a short period of time. I'd hate to waste 3 years of Ben's prime trying to fix the O-line.

Pappy
    No predictions on whether it can or cannot be fixed. My point is after one game some want to blow things up and that is a totally unrealistic approach. We got the horses we got and you just have to strap in for the ride.

I just smile everytime I hear that change equals better. Many times change equals worse. If there were better options they would be in place.
    completely, but some on here know better than everyone else int he organization, dontchaknow?.
    Whether I know or not I'll be told over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

It's one freaking game. It isn't the first bad game nor will it be the last.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon
    We lost one game. I think everyone should boycott and turn off their TVs until next September.

I also believe that unless we fire the OC and the OL coach we should never turn the TVs back on because there are at least 10,000 NFL ready OC's and OL coaches who don't have jobs and come with money back guarantees that they can fix all that is wrong with the Steelers within 1 millisecond and that the Steelers will never again play a bad game or lose a game. At least 100 of theose new OCs could also simultaneously perform the duties of GM and college scout. Most of those individuals can be contacted directly on this MB or at the Trib MB.

It's time we as fans take a stand and refuse to accept a single bad game or a defeat ever. True fans don't need to have perspective because the Steelers only exist to make us feel good. They let us down last week and it can't be tolerated.

I'm all for a Top 5 draft pick next year and will take 4 Offensive Linemen with my first 4 picks because everyone should know that rookies in the NFL guarantee success over the players we have now.
    I hope your idea of success in the NFL isn't what the O-line did this past weekend? :P The Ravens are a stout defense, what say you if Ben is sacked 4 or 5 times and can't finish the game? Give them time to gel? It's Arians fault? It's Zeirlein's fault? At some point it's the players, we'll see what happens come Monday night.

Man, I hope you're correct and it can be fixed, there's a lot of talent on this football team and the window only stays open for a short period of time. I'd hate to waste 3 years of Ben's prime trying to fix the O-line.

Pappy
    No predictions on whether it can or cannot be fixed. My point is after one game some want to blow things up and that is a totally unrealistic approach. We got the horses we got and you just have to strap in for the ride.

I just smile everytime I hear that change equals better. Many times change equals worse. If there were better options they would be in place.
    completely, but some on here know better than everyone else int he organization, dontchaknow?.
    Whether I know or not I'll be told over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

It's one freaking game. It isn't the first bad game nor will it be the last.
    Agreed...some people just keep beating the dead horse. We get it!
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Backup

User Info Menu

Thank you discussion board monitors and internet police alike for telling everybody how to post. Did I hit the wrong icon and get on the pglive board by accident or something? If they want to beat the horse then let'em. It was an extreme performance and it will be talked about. No biggie.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelStallion
    Thank you discussion board monitors and internet police alike for telling everybody how to post. Did I hit the wrong icon and get on the pglive board by accident or something? If they want to beat the horse then let'em. It was an extreme performance and it will be talked about. No biggie.
    Are you trying to police the policers?

If people want to say the same stuff over and over and over and over again...more power to them. But, it does make them look ignorant...and it does annoy probably 90+% of the board. This is not directed at anyone...rather a simple statement of opinion.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Are you just upset by the use of the phrase "beating a dead horse" because your username includes the word "Stallion?"
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Are you just upset by the use of the phrase "beating a dead horse" because your username includes the word "Stallion?"
    That was awesome Yes. I'm a little sensitive about my dead beaten mama.

But let's get back to the o-line... :P

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I thought it was the picture... So what about an emoticon?...

Seriously though, opinions are what make the board go 'round, whether they're beaten to death or not.
    ... Take me for example... Maybe I'll start again on Arians.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Maybe I haven't read enough posts on here, but I don't think I've seen too many people on this board freaking out...especially to the point where it warrants an intervention. I think we all had the right to express ourselves freely for 24 hours or so, post implosion. I'm thinking of one poster off the top of my head who doesn't seem to want to let it go...that's all I've got.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    Maybe I haven't read enough posts on here, but I don't think I've seen too many people on this board freaking out...especially to the point where it warrants an intervention. I think we all had the right to express ourselves freely for 24 hours or so, post implosion. I'm thinking of one poster off the top of my head who doesn't seem to want to let it go...that's all I've got.
    And that poster would be...JOM112. The Steelers lost, dude. Get over it already.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.