Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Start Leftwich!

Legend

User Info Menu

Start Leftwich!

It's obvious that with Ben's shoulder hurting and possible hand injury that Leftwich should be the starter. I mean our season is basically over after this game...I would assume our OL will give up at least 140+ sacks this season. Why not let Ben sit...get some rest...keep him fresh...and let Leftwich be the tackling dumbie?

Discuss.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Start Leftwich!

With our line? Are you joking. We need someone with mobility and not hampered by the slowest wind up in the modern NFL. I'd rather see Dixon back there, look at the success Ryan has been having in Atlanta. If we needed to give Ben's shoulder a rest.... my money would be on Dennis Dixon.

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    It's obvious that with Ben's shoulder hurting and possible hand injury that Leftwich should be the starter. I mean our season is basically over after this game...I would assume our OL will give up at least 140+ sacks this season. Why not let Ben sit...get some rest...keep him fresh...and let Leftwich be the tackling dumbie?

Discuss.

I dont think our team is DONE...but I do think that if this continues this team is going to struggle and Ben might just get killed.

Our OL is disgusting and the OC has proven in a year+ to not be able to change and adapt.

Those are the facts. He+Zierlein should be fired.

We beat Ravens and we're on top in the division...but with that D vs. this incapable OL we could be in big trouble!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Discuss.
    Leftwich might actually die behind that line with that play calling. Ben got sacked how many times? And he's one of the best in the league at avoiding the sack and extending a play. Leftwich is essentially a tree w/ a souped up JUGS machine attached to it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    With our line? Are you joking. We need someone with mobility and not hampered by the slowest wind up in the modern NFL. I'd rather see Dixon back there, look at the success Ryan has been having in Atlanta. If we needed to give Ben's shoulder a rest.... my money would be on Dennis Dixon.
    So, I guess I was convincing.

I just kinda missed the chicken little stuff that would go on at the Trib after a horrific game like this. Guess it would have been funnier tommorow.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just kinda missed the chicken little stuff that would go on at the Trib after a horrific game like this. Guess it would have been funnier tommorow.

LMAO.

Starter

User Info Menu

Then you should hurry up and get over there.Place is in meltdown mode.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He's obviously joking, but the biggest jokes of all are that offensive line and Bruce Arians. I'm sure somewhere deep down, Rick feels a certain satisfaction after this game and that's a shame. I've said all along however that our pass protection is not improved and that we had so far compensated by great play calling and running the ball. Well, we should have known that with Philly only giving up 2.6 yards per rush going in, that the key would be keeping Ben clean...we failed miserably. Second worst protection I've seen in at least the last 5 years (Baltimore '06).

Arians was back to his familiar disgrace as an OC. It was so obvious early on that we needed to go three-step drop the whole way and mix in some no huddle, screens, and draws. I saw only a relative few quick passing plays (most were successful) and no screens, draws, or no huddle. The only worse performance than our protection was that of Arians.

As bad as our defense played for the first quarter and a half, they shut down Philly for the better part of the last two and a half quarters. The lone difference in this game was their unbelievable pass rush combined with our inept protection and play-calling.

Has anyone heard anything about Ben's hand?

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

He's obviously joking, but the biggest jokes of all are that offensive line and Bruce Arians. I'm sure somewhere deep down, Rick feels a certain satisfaction after this game and that's a shame. I've said all along however that our pass protection is not improved and that we had so far compensated by great play calling and running the ball. Well, we should have known that with Philly only giving up 2.6 yards per rush going in, that the key would be keeping Ben clean...we failed miserably. Second worst protection I've seen in at least the last 5 years (Baltimore '06).

Arians was back to his familiar disgrace as an OC. It was so obvious early on that we needed to go three-step drop the whole way and mix in some no huddle, screens, and draws. I saw only a relative few quick passing plays (most were successful) and no screens, draws, or no huddle. The only worse performance than our protection was that of Arians.

As bad as our defense played for the first quarter and a half, they shut down Philly for the better part of the last two and a half quarters. The lone difference in this game was their unbelievable pass rush combined with our inept protection and play-calling.

Has anyone heard anything about Ben's hand?
    Not heard anything about his hand, but I know that if I were him with this OC and this OL I would WANT to sit out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel

He's obviously joking, but the biggest jokes of all are that offensive line and Bruce Arians. Arians was back to his familiar disgrace as an OC. It was so obvious early on that we needed to go three-step drop the whole way and mix in some no huddle, screens, and draws. I saw only a relative few quick passing plays (most were successful) and no screens, draws, or no huddle. The only worse performance than our protection was that of Arians.
    Arians owes his very survival in his job to Ben (and other talented weapons, and the D), whose unique creative abilities usually overcome Arians' deficits and make Arians look good when he is not. But against stonger D's and top-shelf coaching, Arians is exposed repeatedly and consistently.