Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Start Leftwich!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Re: Start Leftwich!

If ben is out for any length of time, then i would say def. start leftwich. I like dixon and think he'll be alright but with how good our defense is we'll still be a force. I know shawn was joking, but if ben broke his hand, then we def. need to have a strategy in place.

i really can't believe how terrible we looked today though.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    It's obvious that with Ben's shoulder hurting and possible hand injury that Leftwich should be the starter. I mean our season is basically over after this game...I would assume our OL will give up at least 140+ sacks this season. Why not let Ben sit...get some rest...keep him fresh...and let Leftwich be the tackling dumbie?

Discuss.
    I'm sure Steeler fans everywhere have this same sentiment. I'm so afraid for Ben's life and career that I'd gladly concede a few games (like Jacksonville) just to preserve him. I've never seen such a bad o-line performance at any level- ever. And with two additional blocking TEs and RBs- just terrible. And from an Eagle defense that just six days ago scored zero sacks against Dallas- I just don't know what else to say. And it looked so promising after the first two games- I have to quit thinking about it for a while.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Legend

User Info Menu

It's obvious that with Ben's shoulder hurting and possible hand injury that Leftwich should be the starter. I mean our season is basically over after this game...I would assume our OL will give up at least 140+ sacks this season. Why not let Ben sit...get some rest...keep him fresh...and let Leftwich be the tackling dumbie?

Discuss.
    The sky is falling, the sky is falling...

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Although I don't have much positive things to say about the OL...I am very critical about the coaching and perhaps Ben's play. I don't know who to hang it on since I'm not on the sideline but someone is to blame. There is no way a QB doesn't have a hot route when it is 3rd & long and the defense has man coverage with no safety. 8 in the box on 3rd & long and all WRs have their backs to the QB for the first 10 yards. I want to hang that on Ben but I don't know. Maybe he thought he could get enough time for a big play to open up. He has to learn to get rid of the ball and take what is there. There were many plays they could have ran to back up the Safeties. I think I saw 2 slants. Now, the OL was terrible. The majority of it was missed assignments. Most of that is because Johnson put together a good gameplan...Hat's off to them. A "kick in the ball$" to Arians for not adjusting. Colon got beat once where he looked confused who he was supposed to block. Simmons just got beat 1 on 1 many plays. Hartwig still looks solid and really looks good on the 2nd level. Kemo didn't get beat much 1 on 1 but it looked like he...Like everyone else...Did miss assignments. Smith is better than last year but could still improve. One thing I will say. If Simmons doesn't improve a change needs to be made. They need to put the best 5 on the field. I think it is time to kick Colon down to RG and put Starks at RT. From what I have seen over the first three games...This move would be an even trade off with "AT LEAST" the potential for improvement. I don't know what happened to Simmons but he is not playing with any leverage. Not good knews for a G who is only 6'3". Starks is a better pass blocker than Colon and Colon is a better OL than Simmons at this point. If this staff has no problem with a 7 mil back-up on the bench...There shouldn't be any problem with inserting him into the line-up and putting a 4 mil G on the bench. It's Tomlin's move and I don't see any way this game gets swept under the rug. Arians will be under the gun and so will the OL. Time to see if Tomlin can "Walk the Walk" or if he is all talk. Here come the Ravens...If they get to Ben more than 3 times I think changes will be made!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

dumbie?

Legend

User Info Menu

We lost one game. I think everyone should boycott and turn off their TVs until next September.

I also believe that unless we fire the OC and the OL coach we should never turn the TVs back on because there are at least 10,000 NFL ready OC's and OL coaches who don't have jobs and come with money back guarantees that they can fix all that is wrong with the Steelers within 1 millisecond and that the Steelers will never again play a bad game or lose a game. At least 100 of theose new OCs could also simultaneously perform the duties of GM and college scout. Most of those individuals can be contacted directly on this MB or at the Trib MB.

It's time we as fans take a stand and refuse to accept a single bad game or a defeat ever. True fans don't need to have perspective because the Steelers only exist to make us feel good. They let us down last week and it can't be tolerated.

I'm all for a Top 5 draft pick next year and will take 4 Offensive Linemen with my first 4 picks because everyone should know that rookies in the NFL guarantee success over the players we have now.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo
    We lost one game. I think everyone should boycott and turn off their TVs until next September.

I also believe that unless we fire the OC and the OL coach we should never turn the TVs back on because there are at least 10,000 NFL ready OC's and OL coaches who don't have jobs and come with money back guarantees that they can fix all that is wrong with the Steelers within 1 millisecond and that the Steelers will never again play a bad game or lose a game. At least 100 of theose new OCs could also simultaneously perform the duties of GM and college scout. Most of those individuals can be contacted directly on this MB or at the Trib MB.

It's time we as fans take a stand and refuse to accept a single bad game or a defeat ever. True fans don't need to have perspective because the Steelers only exist to make us feel good. They let us down last week and it can't be tolerated.

I'm all for a Top 5 draft pick next year and will take 4 Offensive Linemen with my first 4 picks because everyone should know that rookies in the NFL guarantee success over the players we have now.
    I hope your idea of success in the NFL isn't what the O-line did this past weekend? :P The Ravens are a stout defense, what say you if Ben is sacked 4 or 5 times and can't finish the game? Give them time to gel? It's Arians fault? It's Zeirlein's fault? At some point it's the players, we'll see what happens come Monday night.

Man, I hope you're correct and it can be fixed, there's a lot of talent on this football team and the window only stays open for a short period of time. I'd hate to waste 3 years of Ben's prime trying to fix the O-line.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

I hope your idea of success in the NFL isn't what the O-line did this past weekend? :P The Ravens are a stout defense, what say you if Ben is sacked 4 or 5 times and can't finish the game? Give them time to gel? It's Arians fault? It's Zeirlein's fault? At some point it's the players, we'll see what happens come Monday night.

Man, I hope you're correct and it can be fixed, there's a lot of talent on this football team and the window only stays open for a short period of time. I'd hate to waste 3 years of Ben's prime trying to fix the O-line.

Pappy
    No predictions on whether it can or cannot be fixed. My point is after one game some want to blow things up and that is a totally unrealistic approach. We got the horses we got and you just have to strap in for the ride.

I just smile everytime I hear that change equals better. Many times change equals worse. If there were better options they would be in place.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon

Pappy
    No predictions on whether it can or cannot be fixed. My point is after one game some want to blow things up and that is a totally unrealistic approach. We got the horses we got and you just have to strap in for the ride.

I just smile everytime I hear that change equals better. Many times change equals worse. If there were better options they would be in place.
    completely, but some on here know better than everyone else int he organization, dontchaknow?.