Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giants suspend Plexico Burress for 2 games

Legend

User Info Menu

Giants suspend Plexico Burress for 2 games

I know it's slightly off topic (but really, how many ways can we say the O-line sucks), but Chris Mortenson just reported on ESPN that the Giants have suspended Burress for the next two games for insubordination. Have not elaborated.

Signs the big contract and then right into the doghouse. Such talent. Too bad he seems to be a bit of a headcase.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Giants suspend Plexico Burress for 2 games

My fantasy team says I really hope the bye week is included in that two-weeks. My Steeler fandome says F plex and the G-men.

Starter

User Info Menu

Geez, if I were paid all the money he is making, I'd be early and present for
    work every day! What a joke!

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d80b14f76&template=without-video&confirm=true"]http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true[/url]
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w...URES/NCFAN.jpg

"18 and D'OH!" ---headline on NFL.com 2/5/08

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by proudpittsburgher
    My fantasy team says I really hope the bye week is included in that two-weeks. My Steeler fandome says F plex and the G-men.
    <nod> The bye week is included in the suspension, which just seems stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PFT
    The New York Giants, who have followed their Super Bowl championship with a strong start to the 2008 regular season, have suspended receiver Plaxico Burress, according to Jay Glazer of FOX.

Wow.

Per Glazer, Burress failed to show up for work on Monday, and he failed to respond by calls from the team aimed at obtaining an explanation for his unexcused absence.

It’s a two-week suspension, but since the Giants are off on Sunday he’ll only miss one game, against the Seahawks.

Burress was a key component of last year’s Super Bowl run, and he played most of the season with a torn ligament in his ankle before catching the game-winning touchdown pass in Super Bowl XLII. He received a new contract in the hours before the regular-season opener against the Redskins.

He is scheduled to meet with team officials on Wednesday morning to explain himself.

Stay tuned.
    I have a buddy who is a Giants fan, and he just throws Plaxico's leaving Pittsburgh into my face every chance he gets. I keep telling him, he wasn't resigned for a reason.... Now he'll figure out.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah - it's two weeks, not 2 games but he loses 2 weeks worth of paychecks.

On his way yo career yards, catches and TD's and still can't help himself from being a jack a$$

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I wonder if they would have suspended him if they were playing the Cowboys and Eagles over the next two weeks.

LasVegasGuy

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit
    I wonder if they would have suspended him if they were playing the Cowboys and Eagles over the next two weeks.

Not a chance. They knew they had a bye week and the Sea-chickens after that. Great time to make a point and not cost them anything.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LasVegasGuy

Not a chance. They knew they had a bye week and the Sea-chickens after that. Great time to make a point and not cost them anything.

Here's a guy who is the ideal Drew Rosenhaus client. The guy has always had his play marred by his off the field "me first" attitude. I'm glad he no longer wears the uniform. There isn't anything the guy exemplifies that remotely resembles the team ideology of TEAM FIRST. A great talent, without question.... but will always be known for his head issues as opposed to the talent.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Rhetorical question, LasVegasGuy.

(Just messin' with ya. I just saw Mr. Woodcock again. Love that line )

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel

Here's a guy who is the ideal Drew Rosenhaus client. The guy has always had his play marred by his off the field "me first" attitude. I'm glad he no longer wears the uniform. There isn't anything the guy exemplifies that remotely resembles the team ideology of TEAM FIRST. A great talent, without question.... but will always be known for his head issues as opposed to the talent.
    And to think I was happy for the guy after their SB win.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still happy the Giants beat the Pats. But I'm officially withdrawing my happiness for Plax.