Page 1 of 65 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Steelers vs Eagles Game Thread

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Unofficial Steelers vs Eagles Game Thread

How do Nation! Welcome to the 3rd installment of the season. The Eagles and Steelers both have players missing and looks to even out. The big question of the day is the OL, will it protect Ben and keep him healthy? We all know my answer is no, but what is your answer, and why? As usual we hope for a solid game, and no major injuries to anyone on both teams. This is a game, someone has to win, someone has to lose.

CIN just scored...10-7 over Gmen

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: The Unofficial Steelers vs Eagles Game Thread

MIA 14 NE 3...An upset in the making? TEN 14 HOU 6, CAR 10 Min 0, TB 7 CHI 6, BUF 7 OAK 6, ATL 17 KC 0, WAS 10 AZ 0. The up to date tickers...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Plexaho just had a TD taken away for a FG, they didn't challenge the play. 10-10 Gmen vs CIN

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

WAS 10 AZ 7, Boldin catches TD pass.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Howdy ho, Rick.... Since our game is a late one, I'm stuck watching the Bungles with Brenda... They are obviously thier usual selves... But not really "sucking" as bad as usual. But hey, it's still the first half! .... Carson is having an issue with his previously broken nose... It won't stop bleeding.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Series History

Series History: Series began in 1933
    Overall: Philadelphia leads 46-26-3
    At Pittsburgh: Philadelphia leads 19-17-1
    At Philadelphia: Philadelphia leads 25-8-2
    Neutral Sites: Philadelphia leads 2-1
    Last Regular-Season Meeting: Nov. 7, 2004 (in Pittsburgh) Pittsburgh 27, Philadelphia 3
    Postseason Series: Philadelphia leads 1-0
    (postseason record included in overall series record)
    Philadelphia leads the all-time series 46-26-3 (including postseason)...the Steelers have lost their past eight games in the city of Philadelphia dating back to the 1966 season...Pittsburgh’s last win in Philadelphia occurred on Oct. 24, 1965 (20-14)...the Steelers Mike Tomlin has never faced Philadelphia...Pittsburgh won the most recent meeting between the two teams, 27-3, on Nov. 7, 2004 at Heinz Field...in that game Steelers’ WR Hines Ward caught a 20-yard touchdown pass from QB Ben Roethlisberger and ran 16 yards for his first and only career rushing touchdown as the Steelers raced out to a 21-0 first half lead on their way to an upset of the previously undefeated Eagles...the Steelers also held Eagles QB Donovan McNabb to only 109 yards passing (15-of-24) and intercepted him one time...the Eagles won the previous meeting in Philadelphia between the two teams, 23-20, on Nov. 23, 1997.

Steelers-Eagles Connections

Keystone State Connections: Several Steelers have ties to the Eagles and the Philadelphia area. Steelers with ties to the Eagles and Philadelphia include offensive coordinator Bruce Arians, who was the head coach at Temple from 1983-88. Assistant special teams coach Amos Jones served on Arians’ staff at Temple from 1983-88. Defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau began his pro coaching career with the Eagles (1973-75). Defensive line coach John Mitchell coached at Temple under Arians in 1986.

Eagles with connections to Pittsburgh include OG Mike McGlynn, who attended Pitt. RB Tony Hunt played at Penn State.Eagles wide receivers coach David Culley coached the Steelerswide receivers from 1996-98, just prior to joining Philadelphia.Special teams quality control coach Jeff Nixon was born inRochester, Pa. and played at both West Virginia and Penn State.He also coached at Penn State (1997) and Shippensburg (1999-2002). Defensive assistant/quality control coach Bill Shuey attended Slippery Rock while offensive assistant/quality controlcoach James Urban coached at Clarion for two years (1997-9.Strength and conditioning coach Mike Wolf played center for PennState and coached there in 1991.

Team Notes

Grounding The Eagles: The Steelers were able to knock off the previously undefeated Eagles in the last game between the teams in the regular season, a 27-3 Pittsburgh victory in 2004 at Heinz Field. The Steelers’ victory over Philadelphia marked the second straight win over an undefeated team with at least six wins, setting an NFL record. Pittsburgh beat New England the week prior. In the win over the Eagles in 2004, the Steelers controlled the ball for 41:49 and did not attempt a punt for the first time in team history. Pittsburgh’s defense was also dominant, holding Philadelphia to 113 total offensive yards (23 rushing) and 0-for-8 on third down.

Dominating The NFC: The Steelers have won 13 of their past 15 games (including the Super Bowl victory over Seattle) versus teams in the NFC, dating back to 2003. Their only setbacks were a 21-14 defeat to Arizona in Week 4 of 2007 and a 41-38 overtime setback to Atlanta Week 7 in 2006. The Steelers are 88-53-1 all-time against teams from the NFC, including a 50-18-1 record at home and a 33-34 mark on the road. Pittsburgh has eight straight wins versus NFC teams at home. The Steelers have not lost a game against an NFC opponent at home since a 33-21 defeat to St. Louis on Oct. 26, 2003.

Road Warriors: Pittsburgh continues to have great success playingaway from Heinz Field. Since the beginning of the 1998 season,the Steelers are tied with the Tennessee Titans and PhiladelphiaEagles for the third-best road winning percentage in the AFC

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Afternoon, hope you're enjoying the early games, I'm watching the Dover race. Nascar is taking on the NFL!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rickt011
    Afternoon, hope you're enjoying the early games, I'm watching the Dover race. Nascar is taking on the NFL!
    Barely.... Still trying to get someone to talk to me about my roof (blew off in the storm last week)... I know Martin and Gordon started on the front row... How's Martin doin'? ... He's my "driver of choice"....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

ATL 21 KC 0, OAK 9 BUF 7, TB 14 CHI 9, CAR 10 MIN 10, MIA 21 NE 6, CIN 13 NYG 10, TEN 21 HOU 12, WAS 10 AZ 7

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickt011
    Barely.... Still trying to get someone to talk to me about my roof (blew off in the storm last week)... I know Martin and Gordon started on the front row... How's Martin doin'? ... He's my "driver of choice"....
    Mark is in 5th, Jr's up to 6th. Gordon is still 1st. Sorry to hear about your roof. Winds this year have been crazy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bummer about your roof nkys

Steelers 31
    Schmeagles 24