Thread: The Boston Massacre

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Boston Massacre

How long has it been since a game was so monumental or special that it was given it's own name?

The comeback? The fog Bowl?

I don't think there has ever been a game with the official designation of "The Boston Massacre"...has there? Let this game forever be kown by that name!

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: The Boston Massacre

Red Sox-Yanks series late in the season back in 1978.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

They don't play in Boston though.

How about the Foxboro Flush?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The first sign of trouble and the stupid a$$ Cheaters fans abandon the team. The stands are empty. What a pathetic effing joke this is. You fans are such losers in Boston. GO HOME AND EAT YOUR CHOWDER AND LOBSTERS AND TEA IF THERE IS ANY LEFT THAT DIDN'T GET THROWN INTO THE WATER YOU LOSERS. WE DON'T NEED YOU A-HOLES IN THE NFL ANYWAY. PHUCKIN CRYBABIES.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    How long has it been since a game was so monumental or special that it was given it's own name?

The comeback? The fog Bowl?

I don't think there has ever been a game with the official designation of "The Boston Massacre"...has there? Let this game forever be kown by that name!

"But...but...but.........Brady was hurt. Wait 'til Brady comes back next year and you will be crying like we are now....I mean you are going to be destroyed"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I was thinking football. Is that an improper appropriation of a game nick-name? If that's not acceptable, then we need to have a name for it regardless...this is a very special game and monumental in terms of it's magnitude. The beginning of the end as far as their 2008 season and the affirmation of the Bellichick myth.

The Beantown Beatdown?

They originally were the Boston Patriots and Boston is still the major fan base. There are more deflated egos in that metropolitan area than in any other on the planet right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

I was thinking football. Is that an improper appropriation of a game nick-name? If that's not acceptable, then we need to have a name for it regardless...this is a very special game and monumental in terms of it's magnitude. The beginning of the end as far as their 2008 season and the affirmation of the Bellichick myth.

The Beantown Beatdown?
    Beantown Beatdown has a nice ring to it.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Beantown Beatdown?
    I'm still going with Foxboro Flush.

Peezy just got another sack!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Peezy just got another sack!
    Yea, he is having a good day....

But the rest of the season, he'll be an afterthought... Over-rated, over-aged, and over-mouthed.

Legend

User Info Menu

With all due respect, I think he is only over rated in relation to his current pay.