Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Fantasy players against the steelers

  1. #1
    steeld95
    Guest

    Fantasy players against the steelers

    I have Westbrook as my rb....Would anyone sit him just because he is playing against the Steelers???? I am seriously thinking about it....I can't root for him to have a good game. I have a good backup rb in Forte, but Westbrook is a stud fantasy player...Im not sure what am going to do...because I hope we shut him down tommorow!

  2. #2
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Fantasy players against the steelers

    The Steelers will shut down Westbrook when he runs the ball, however he is a hell of a receiver may have some success this way.

    What I always do is to start who I would normally start & then once kick off starts forget that I play Fantasy Football. With me, I have no problem accepting a FF loss if it means a Steeler victory!


  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Hey Roger...
    Posts
    3,036

    Re: Fantasy players against the steelers

    I would sit him because he is playing the Steelers and any black and gold blooded fan believes that no player is going to go off against our defense. There must be a reasonable alternative!

    I didnt play FF this year. The years that I have, I have become totally immersed in it, looking at stats and studying other teams players every day. Im too much of a homer and wouldnt own any players from Cin, Cleve, or Balt (or Dallass). Also, I had FWP, Santonio, and Heath and Steel losses were doubley difficult. Last year I barely made the playoffs but then won the title. On the last week of the regular season, the guy I was neck and neck with was playing an opponent who had Chad Ocho Sphincto. I just couldnt bear to root for him to score. It was bad enough to suffer the anxiety of the Steelers game outcome let alone how every single player in the NFL performed!

    Im not doing it any more (at least not this year!) and feel I am enjoying this season more by being able to just watch the games. Not to mention all the newfound time I have. Of course I turned around and 'reinvested' some of it into this forum, but what can you say...Im an addict!
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

  4. #4

    Re: Fantasy players against the steelers

    You have to start him. And here is why.

    A few years ago, I ended up owning TJ Doushmenzadeh. That was before I went on my strict no AFC north policy. He put up 2 tds, and I believe that the Steelers lost. I benched him, and lost the fantasy game as well.

    I have Westbrook as well. I'm not expecting him to run the ball, but he will put up some stats receiving. Now, I will root against Westbrook, and for the Steelers, no doubt about that. But playing him is sort of a hedge.

  5. #5
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,047

    Re: Fantasy players against the steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    The Steelers will shut down Westbrook when he runs the ball, however he is a hell of a receiver may have some success this way.

    What I always do is to start who I would normally start & then once kick off starts forget that I play Fantasy Football. With me, I have no problem accepting a FF loss if it means a Steeler victory!



    I would start Westbrook; he's been the best player in fantasy so far this year, outperforming LDT and Peterson, so how could you justify sitting him even if he were playing against the Steeler D of the mid-to-late 70's?

    I know Forte has been really good in first couple of starts of his rookie season, but he's not Westbrook good. Besides, it's not like he's playing against Detroit or Miami. Tampa may not be Pittsburgh, but they are no slouches on defense.

    During the 1:00 games, keep tabs on all of your fantasy players. Once 4:15 hits, you are so honed in on watching your Steelers, that you forget that you even play fantasy...the Steelers are more important. BY FAR.

    Then you can keep an eye on whatever fantasy players you might have in the Sunday Night and Monday Night games. Just turn off that fantasy radar when the Steeler game is on, because at that point, there are more important things at stake than your weekly fantasy matchup (for example, the year the Steelers won SBXL, I missed the fantasy playoffs. The following season, I won my league's fantasy championship, but the Steelers missed the playoffs. All the guys in my league were congratulating me on my victory in our league, but I just told him how much better NFL team glory the previous year was as compared to individual fantasy glory that year).

  6. #6
    steeld95
    Guest

    Re: Fantasy players against the steelers

    thanks for the replies! it is a tough call as I hope that we shut him down completely...The Steelers come way before FF....so I will be hoping he gets me negative points if I start him...because that means good things for the Steelers D (which I also have!)

  7. #7

    Re: Fantasy players against the steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    You have to start him. And here is why.

    A few years ago, I ended up owning TJ Doushmenzadeh. That was before I went on my strict no AFC north policy. He put up 2 tds, and I believe that the Steelers lost. I benched him, and lost the fantasy game as well.

    I have Westbrook as well. I'm not expecting him to run the ball, but he will put up some stats receiving. Now, I will root against Westbrook, and for the Steelers, no doubt about that. But playing him is sort of a hedge.
    I like how you think. I agree you play him #1 because he is a terrific back but #2 as a hedge bet. And who knows, maybe he will have a blow up game and the Steelers still whoop em.

    Word of caution. If we see you sporting Eagle green...we will have to hold an intervention.

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Fantasy players against the steelers

    Sitting your best player would be ill advised regardless of who he is playing.

    Here's the thing...BW's gonna do what he's gonna do regardless of if you start him or bench him.

    Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with this because I don't "root" for the guy facing my team? Instead, I think to myself, "I don't want them to score here, but if they do I at least hope it's my guy." And if my guy does score against the Steelers I certainly don't get excited about it.

  9. #9
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Fantasy players against the steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Sitting your best player would be ill advised regardless of who he is playing.

    Here's the thing...BW's gonna do what he's gonna do regardless of if you start him or bench him.

    Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with this because I don't "root" for the guy facing my team? Instead, I think to myself, "I don't want them to score here, but if they do I at least hope it's my guy." And if my guy does score against the Steelers I certainly don't get excited about it.

    StlrzD is right. We all get into these situations throughout the year. You just have to learn to seperate the two -Steelers devotion & fantasy football.


  10. #10
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,047

    Re: Fantasy players against the steelers

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Sitting your best player would be ill advised regardless of who he is playing.

    Here's the thing...BW's gonna do what he's gonna do regardless of if you start him or bench him.

    Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with this because I don't "root" for the guy facing my team? Instead, I think to myself, "I don't want them to score here, but if they do I at least hope it's my guy." And if my guy does score against the Steelers I certainly don't get excited about it.

    StlrzD is right. We all get into these situations throughout the year. You just have to learn to seperate the two -Steelers devotion & fantasy football.

    Yeah, I was going against a team in fantasy that was starting Ben last week. Do you think that I was not cheering my lungs out when he threw that TD pass to Hines because those points were going against my fantasy squad? My wife was worried that I would awaken the kids. Whoops...stinking night games. Steelers first, fantasy football a distant second.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •