Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ariens is our "12th man"

Hall of Famer

Re: Ariens is our "12th man"

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    I'm coming around to his play calling, but I hope he can be flexible or adaptable in this game
    NOT....

I'm absofugginlutely depressed. I don't feel like eating a dog, just kicking one. Arians needs to go. The talent is there but the play calling is awful. Kick the line coach as well. How can you not make any type of in game adjustments.

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    I'm absofugginlutely depressed. I don't feel like eating a dog, just kicking one. Arians needs to go. The talent is there but the play calling is awful. Kick the line coach as well. How can you not make any type of in game adjustments.
    Both absolutely need to go NOW.

BigBen2112

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Blount's G

12 sacks is the most in any game in NFL history...if some of those Ben would not have escaped and got 1 yard gains on runs?

It would have been 14 sacks...thats how bad this game is.

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Arians sucks.... Today, against a quality team, he proved it.... Get used to it, people...
    It sure look's that way

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

BigBen2112

TUNCH ILKIN HAS IT BEST:

"This has to be on Arians some as well. No adaptation and no screen passes or three step drops? You HAVE to help your guys out and he simply did not do that."

AMEN!

Our offense doesn't seem to be able to execute a hot read or audible type play. Some of that is surely on ben but it blows my mind when they send 5-6 guys yet I see our center and guard looking around for guys to block. Blitzers were unchallenged all game

needs help====>
    arry Zierlein is in his second season coaching the Steelers’ offensive line. Zierlein was hired on Jan. 29, 2007, by first-year head coach Mike Tomlin.
    Zierlein, 62, came to Pittsburgh after previously serving as the assistant offensive line coach for the Buffalo Bills. Prior to his one-year stint inBuffalo, Zierlein was the offensive line coach for the Cleveland Browns for four seasons (2001-04). His work with Cleveland’s offensive line helped the Browns average 4.1 yards per rush and 104.4 rushing yards per game in 2003
    Zierlein, who has 38 years of coaching experience, spent the previous four seasons before joining the Browns as offensive line coach for the University of Cincinnati (1997-2000). During the 2000 season, Zierlein also served as the Bearcats’ running game coordinator and helped Cincinnati set a Conference USA rushing record with 215.5 yards per game in 1997. From that line, tackle Jason Fabini was a fourth-round draft choice of the N.Y. Jets. Zierlein’s 1999 line led the nation by allowing a school-record low eight sacks, despite having four first-year starters.
    Prior to his tenure at Cincinnati, Zierlein spent two seasons as offensive line coach at Tulane (1995-96) and Louisiana State (1993-94). He also served as offensive line coach at the University of Houston (1978-86).
    Zierlein gained experience at the professional level as co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach for the New York/New Jersey Knights of the World League of American Football (WLAF) in 1991-92 and as an assistant coach for the Washington Commandos of the Arena Football League in 1987.
    In addition to coaching, Zierlein also served in the United States Marine Corps for two years (1966-6, including a one-year tour of duty in Vietnam (1967).
    A 1971 graduate of Fort Hays (Kan.) State College, Zierlein began his coaching career at Fort Hays State College as linebackers coach in 1970. After two years at Fort Hays State, he spent six years at the high school level, coaching at Abernathy (Texas) High School from 1972-74 and Lamar Consolidated (Texas) High School from 1975-77
    A native of Lenora, Kan., Zierlein and his wife, Marcia, have three children, sons Lance and Mike, and daughter Nicci, and grandchildren Alec, Drake, Ellie, Maggie and Mason.

BigBen2112

ZIERLEIN AND ARIANS SHOULD BE GONE TOMORROW MORNING!!!

I like Tomlin, but if this continues for a good portion of the year and he doesn't put foot to azz on Arians.... then Tomlin needs to go to. Sorry guys, but if you can't see that Arians is the problem, then you should be HC. I hope Colbert is taking notes. At the very least, fire the OL coordinator. The only two coaches I've ever heard of with the letter Z starting their names are Zook and Zeirline.... both suck. Its too early to tell with Zorn.