Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Eagles - Wearing Your Jersey?

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Eagles - Wearing Your Jersey?

One of my friends has Eagles season tickets, and is taking me to the game with him on Sunday. I'm pretty psyched -- it's been a long time since I've been to a regular season Steelers game.

The question is - do I wear my jersey? Ordinarily, I would wear it. But this is Philadelphia, and they're brutal here. I'm also not the biggest guy in the world. So, is anybody else going to the game this weekend? And, if so, are you wearing a jersey? I want to support the team, but I also want to enjoy the game, with minimal harassment. Thoughts?

Backup

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers Eagles - Wearing Your Jersey?

Wear your jersey and your brass knucks

Legend

User Info Menu

Wear it proudly.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq
    One of my friends has Eagles season tickets, and is taking me to the game with him on Sunday. I'm pretty psyched -- it's been a long time since I've been to a regular season Steelers game.

The question is - do I wear my jersey? Ordinarily, I would wear it. But this is Philadelphia, and they're brutal here. I'm also not the biggest guy in the world. So, is anybody else going to the game this weekend? And, if so, are you wearing a jersey? I want to support the team, but I also want to enjoy the game, with minimal harassment. Thoughts?
    Yo esquire... wear the jersey with pride dude. if it gets too bad in there, come on up to east falls and party at my house. We might just be frying an "eagle" in a big vat of peanut oil that day.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelcityrules!!
    We might just be frying an "eagle" in a big vat of peanut oil that day.
    Ha Ha!!!.... I deep fry "eagles" every Thanksgiving, and a few other times throughout the year!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

philly, I would also suggest wearing your jersey... You gotta fly the colors with pride... However, it IS Philly, so I would be careful. You might end up in that makeshift courtroom they set up downstairs!... ...I went to a Dallas/Philly game a while back. Right after TO left town (it could have been his first visit back), and it was rowdy... I wore neutral colors just to blend into the backdrop (acceptable since they weren't playing the Steelers).

Backup

User Info Menu

my wife has sewn up the faces of some atlanta braves fans after a few rowdy phils fans took a bat to their dome... it's truly rough down there in south philly.

that being said, we were once the steagles, and this isn't the giants coming to town. I don't think the hatred for the stillers is as bad as some teams.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Fly the colors proudly and take a 2 day Karate class to help repel some of the yahoos.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You should wear your jersey, I've been to several Raiders games here and wear whatever the F I want there. Generally if you ignore jackasses they get tired of making poking at you. You'll be fine.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Get really drunk so your numb in case they cause bodily harm to you! :P

Just kidding. Do what your heart tells you. I'd have the same reservations. Your spending good $$ and you want to enjoy yourself. Since it is a 4pm game, the locals will have an extra 3 hours of tailgating time so they may be extra drunk.

Enjoy yourself & give us a report when you return!