14 58.33%
  • Ravens

10 41.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who would you rather see

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Who would you rather see

The Ravens, with a rookie head coach and a rookie QB, are no real threat. They are in the process of rebuilding for the future, not contending now. The games against the Ravens will always be tough ones because we are both physical teams with a true dislike for one another, but I don't see them winning enough games against the likes of the AFC South and NFC East to come anywhere close to a .500 record by season's end.

The Browns, on the other hand, are under the illusion that because they were proclaimed offseason champs by the media, they are still somehow legit contenders. An 0-3 start would absolutely crush whatever hope they are keeping on life support at this time.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

[quote=RussBII]
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Quote Originally Posted by RussBII
    Quote Originally Posted by "stlrz d":3n9d2fzz
    Besides, the Browns are 0-2 and the Rats are 1-0.
    Not only that, but if the Ravens win, and we lose, we'd be tied for the division lead with Ray Ray and the gang.

However, rooting for the Browns is just wrong, wrong, wrong.

I vote we put in a third option:

Everyone in the stadium comes down with a debilitating case of crotch rot.

That's what i vote for.
    Don't disenfranchise yourself...make a pick!
    I did, the browns... but only because the crotch rot isn't an option...

It just makes the most sense, division-wise. I mean I don't really care how they wind up as long as its behind the Steelers. In fact, I really loved that the Browns almost made the playoffs last year, and we did.

And I LOVED the year we knocked the Bengals out of the playoffs in our last game.[/quote:3n9d2fzz]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Browns..the Ravens need to be 1-1.
    ours is not to wonder why just invert and multiply...

Legend

User Info Menu

Clearly one of the most difficult polls ever on here. Seeing the ratbirds lose is always good, particularly since they need to be 1-1, not 2-0.

But, somehow, seeing the stains go 0-3 just feels good. I took the ratbirds. They just don't seem to be a real threat anyway.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The following hypothectical situation would be one when it is OK to root for the Browns, Bengals, or Ravens:

It is week #17 The Steelers need a win & a Broncos loss to grab the 6th seed. The Steelers play their game and win. The Broncos play one of the above teams.

Legend

User Info Menu

I picked the Ravens. I want to crush the spirits and rip the hearts out of the Browns players and fans as early as possible this season so their pretender status will be affirmed.

The Ravens will not be a problem. Their losses will start to accumulate starting with the Monday night game against us. Once the league gets a little more film on Flacco he will be like raw meat for the league's defensive coordinators and the Ravens losses will start to pile up. Their aging defense will begin to falter down the stretch too so I really would be surprised if they are still hanging around about Week #12.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Another reason why the Rats need to lose.

[url="http://www.baltimoresun2.com/talk/showthread.php?t=162346"]http://www.baltimoresun2.com/talk/showt ... p?t=162346[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Browns this week and the Ravens next week. We have to always cheer for the team with the least amount of wins. This way it keeps the losing in cyclic..... evenly distributed amongst our divisional foes.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The ravens are the only possible threat to us in this division imo because their D always seems to come to play. I see lots of low scoring i.e. 9-6 squeakers for them this year again. Plus, nobody is really talking about them or considering them so that will work in their favor

Starter

User Info Menu

Ouch, this does present a conundrum doesn’t it? If this topic had been broached during the 1980s, I would have said with as much hatred as humanly possible “death to the Stains every time!” But lately, as I’ve watched the Browns, it’s like trying to be angry during a Three Stooges episode; Cleveland and their coaching staff are a joke. So… with a tremendous amount of personal conflict, I guess my vote is for the Browns?