Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sarah Palin is a Steelers fan...

Hall of Famer

Sarah Palin is a Steelers fan...

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but I just saw it.......
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Palin is GOP's beacon
    By Dimitri Vassilaros
    TRIBUNE-REVIEW

Sarah Palin can teach Republicans how to be Republicans. It's a simple lesson. But it won't be easy for anyone who thinks being pragmatic and principled are mutually exclusive. Mrs. Palin, 43, is the governor of Alaska and the brightest light in the land of the midnight sun.

While rasing four kids with her husband, Palin has reduced taxes, embraced the state Constitution, publicly complained about powerful fellow Republicans she thought unethical, encouraged companies to compete for state contracts -- and has not ruled out running for president.

She relishes moose burgers because "they taste better than beef with no chemicals, steroids or hormones." She adopted the Pittsburgh Steelers because of the team's success in the 1970s and because there are no major professional teams in her state.

As a teenage flautist trying to win a scholarship, she was second runner-up in the Miss Alaska beauty pageant. Looking back, she now thinks she was livestock in a swimsuit being eyed by the male judges. "Degrading" she calls it now.

Legend

Re: Sarah Palin is a Steelers fan...

I don't believe a word she says.

Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Neither do I... I hate 'em all... But since the Steelers were mentioned, I posted it.

Pro Bowler

I wonder if she would admit that to the Cleveland Plain Dealer?

at least she is not a Pats. fan like all the other band wagon jumpers.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I think McCain, Palin, Obama, and Biden all claim to be Steeler fans when in western PA. They all claim to be Dolphin fans when in south Florida. They all claim to be Saints fans when in Louisiana. They all claim to be Packer fans when in Wisconsin. They just hope Pittsburghers do not read the Miami Herald, the New Orleans Times-Picayune, or the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Quote Originally Posted by stlrz d
    Neither do I... I hate 'em all... But since the Steelers were mentioned, I posted it.
    No worries...my comments weren't directed at you.

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    I think McCain, Palin, Obama, and Biden all claim to be Steeler fans when in western PA. They all claim to be Dolphin fans when in south Florida. They all claim to be Saints fans when in Louisiana. They all claim to be Packer fans when in Wisconsin. They just hope Pittsburghers do not read the Miami Herald, the New Orleans Times-Picayune, or the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
    A great follow-up question to these canidates after they pledge their allegence for whichever team would be "tell us who your all time favorite player is".

Hall of Famer

They obviously don't understand that some of us scout the opposing teams' newspapers...

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    A great follow-up question to these canidates after they pledge their allegence for whichever team would be "tell us who your all time favorite player is".
    That would be too easy because they could still name a current player, like Ben.

It would be better to get more specific...like, "Who is your favorite player from that era?"

Easy for us, but tougher for someone who is less than casual in their fandom to come up with a name!