Thread: Big Ben the NFL's heir apparent to Brady and Manning

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Big Ben the NFL's heir apparent to Brady and Manning

ESPN Article...good read. Lots of Big Ben love.

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3594747[/url]

Manning and Roethlisberger won points with their Super Bowl rings, Cutler and Romo were lauded for their physical skills and Rivers got credit for playing in last season's AFC championship game with a torn ACL. All have been impressive through the first two weeks of this season. Each scout ranked the list from 1 to 5 -- with five points awarded for a first-place vote, four for second, three for third, two for fourth and one for fifth -- and in the end, Big Ben's combination of size, arm strength, leadership skills and other intangibles gave him the slight edge over Eli Manning.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Re: Big Ben the NFL's heir apparent to Brady and Manning

This is something most of us have known for 3 years. It's taken those outside of Steeler Nation longer to recognize this.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Not to change the subject totally in my own thread, but isn't it cool that we see nice articles written about our players from time to time. Then I go thinking and try to come up with a time when we ever see an article like this about a $hit stain or bungle...and one such article doesn't exist likely, and won't for quite a while. It just got me thinking about people on their message boards and how they likely never have cool articles like this to post. It must suck. Phuck em.

http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek
    ESPN Article...good read. Lots of Big Ben love.

[url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3594747[/url]

Manning and Roethlisberger won points with their Super Bowl rings, Cutler and Romo were lauded for their physical skills and Rivers got credit for playing in last season's AFC championship game with a torn ACL. All have been impressive through the first two weeks of this season. Each scout ranked the list from 1 to 5 -- with five points awarded for a first-place vote, four for second, three for third, two for fourth and one for fifth -- and in the end, Big Ben's combination of size, arm strength, leadership skills and other intangibles gave him the slight edge over Eli Manning.
    No way... Let some in the message boards tell it, they NEVER talk about the Steelers...
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

DeVille's Early April Mock (In Progress)
    1.20 - Kool-Aid McKinstry, CB, Alabama
    2.51 - Roman Wilson, WR, Michigan
    3.84 -Sedrick Van Pran-Granger, C, Georgia
    3.98 -<tbd>
    4.117 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    6.178 - Travis Glover, OT, Ga State
    6.195 - Dillon Johnson, RB, Washington

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cutler has got some skills, but for those two scouts to rank Ben 3rd behind him and Manning is absurd. Manning played great in last years' playoff run and has a ring, but he can't hold Ben's jock.

I know I'm biased, but Williamson is the only one who seems to understand that this is not a close competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Am I the only one who thinks Manning is average as a QB? I would have those 4 QBs plus a handful more ahead of him. Of course I have Ben at the top of the list.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85
    Am I the only one who thinks Manning is average as a QB? I would have those 4 QBs plus a handful more ahead of him. Of course I have Ben at the top of the list.
    The perception of how good Eli is would be MUCH different if his older brother was Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer instead of Peyton.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Like every other player on the Steelers, Ben will get overlooked in any discussion of the best in the game. Ben would have to throw 50+ TDs to even be entered in the same discussion with Brady or Manning and then you would here about it being because of a strong running game or some other factor.

The slime ball national media dislikes the Steelers because the Steelers do not play the 21st Century media game--lots of short flashy quotes and highlights to populate their 24/7 coverage of sports.

Here is a classic example: The Rooney's could have easily come out and lamblasted the NFL for their hypocritical stance on the race tracks issue that is causing them to go through this ownership turmoil. If Dan Rooney had come out and pointed out that the NFLs rules on publishing injury status' is nothing more than a sanctioned way to get inside information to the Vegas oddsmakers imagine the coverage that would of gotten. Rooney would have been loved by ESPN.

Instead the Rooney's just shut up and quietly work to solve the problem even though the debt they will assume will hurt this organization for years to come.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"