Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers @ Eagles Prediction Thread

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers @ Eagles Prediction Thread

I think it will be a close game, but their pass rush will be too much to overcome...they come after Ben with a vengeance. As a result, FWP will have a good game and the Steelers will battle, but it won't be enough and they'll fall just short. It'll be a hard hitting affair, but in the end the Eagles come out on top 24-21.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Steelers @ Eagles Prediction Thread

This will be very close. The team that can get to the QB most effectively will win. Philly blitzes more than we do. If we can't protect Ben then they win.

I also think Special Teams play will be huge in this game. The team that falters and lets up the big play will lose.

I'm thinking Steelers win 20-17.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Gotta say I'm a bit worried about this one. I'll take the Steelers and the points, but not sure about the actual outcome. I will say that McNabb and Westbrook won't run as rampant as they did against Dallas and St. Louis, and if their defense played like it did last week, I'm taking the Steelers. It looks to be a really, really good game, though.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Remember that Philly coming off a hard fought LOSS. It takes a toll to fight as hard as they did and come up short. Plus they are on a short week...advantage Steelers. Steelers don't have to travel far. Steelers whipped that azz last time the Eagles were highly touted. I think it could be tough for a bit but we could be underestimated in this one. We pull away at the end. My bold prediction: 30-10 Steelers. Ben finally gets the leash taken off and everyone starts talking about us after this one.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

Legend

User Info Menu

Close game. Down to the wire. Not the shootout that the Philly-Dallas game was, though. We are up 14-3 at the half, and hold on to win 24-20.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

34-13 Steelers

Legend

User Info Menu

This is one I am afraid to call. I can see either team winning. It really depends on how we start.

It seems that the passing game we have should be explosive and potent. I bet that our D will be tougher than what Dallas gave them. I see McNabb going down a few times. If Bruce A calls a few quick throw passes and other change of pace plays, then the Eagles D will be second guessing more than they did last week.

They lost one for a reason. Let's exploit that reason.

Prediction: 27-20 us, predicted with fear and trembling.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For the third week in a row ...

Reed wins it on a last second FG.

mumbling 'I am not superstitious ... I am not superstitious' as he stands and walks around his chair 3 times oblivious to the stares of his co-workers.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I do not fear or tremble. There is no mercy for the weak. The SteelMen will do their work and come out as winners in an excellant game. Close until the end...we pull away with 2 TD in the 4th Q 31-17. Ben is Legend.
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers defense continues its good play and causes McNabb to get happy feet. It isn't going to be as easy passing on the Steelers as the Cowboys. Ben has another good game and a solid effort from Willie. The Steelers win a thriller 24-23.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount