Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers @ Eagles Prediction Thread

Re: Steelers @ Eagles Prediction Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Discipline of Steel
    I do not fear or tremble. There is no mercy for the weak. The SteelMen will do their work and come out as winners in an excellant game. Close until the end...we pull away with 2 TD in the 4th Q 31-17. Ben is Legend.
    You give me strength and courage, oh wise one!

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

I think the Steelers are hitting on all cylinders and smack the Eagles in the mouth.

34-17...Steelers

Pro Bowler
    Lakewood, Ohio: On the Stairway TO SEVEN!!!

I love the fact that the Beagles are coming off a grueling road loss on a Monday night. The Steelers should have the confidence that comes from a hard fought road win against a divisional opponent.

Those things being said, I expect a close game that may go to the team who has possession last.

I will say Steelers, 23-21 on a Jeff Reed FG with just seconds left. That will put the guys at 3-0, which is very nice.
    Steelers...On The STAIRWAY TO SEVEN!!!
    http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/1...etsteelfk7.jpg
    ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyehoppy
    I love the fact that the Beagles are coming off a grueling road loss on a Monday night. The Steelers should have the confidence that comes from a hard fought road win against a divisional opponent.

Those things being said, I expect a close game that may go to the team who has possession last.

I will say Steelers, 23-21 on a Jeff Reed FG with just seconds left. That will put the guys at 3-0, which is very nice.

Pro Bowler

I can't really get a feel for this game. Most of the time that is a good thing because usually when I can't get a read on the team or the opponent the Steelers end up playing real well.

On Offense: I think the most important part of this game is protecting Ben and picking up the Eagles variety of blitzes. They will come after him and test the OL. The RB's and WR's will need to be sharp with their hot routes and Ben will need to get rid of the ball quickly. I expect to see alot of Mewelde Moore in this game, he could be a dangerous asset against the Eagles if used properly. If the Steelers can establish a ground game with some consistency then that will aleviate alot of the blitzes. It would be nice if FWP and Mendy (yes, I said Rashard) can keep the Eagles honest in their defenses. I think that Heath and Santonio can have big days.

On Defense: It is imperative that the Steelers find a way to shut down Westbrook. I would expect to see LT play significant minutes in this game to shadow Westbrook, and I expect Troy will be responsible for that as well at times. The team needs to make sure that they do a good job on D Jackson as well, the kid can make sudden impact plays that can change the game. The Eagles don't have another WR that puts fear into anyone so I would expect that the Steelers would be able to roll coverage to Jackson's side on occasion for help over the top. I think that the Steelers will blitz DMac and see if that can rattle his cage early because when teams are successful against the Eagles they are usually able to get to the QB.

Prediction: I think that this will be a close game that comes down to the wire......I am going to say Steelers 27-21. I think with the Eagles short week and coming off an emotional game against Dallas, the Steelers will be able to get off to a good start and hold on when the Eagles make a late rally.

<a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Pro Bowler

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher

ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)

I could have chosen this one instead:

Backup

Time to show who's king of PA, not just the king of Prussia.

Steelers 30, Beagles 13
    "The only thing decent about the seventies was the Pittsburgh Steelers and their four Super Bowls." - Rush Limbaugh

Mach Five - your all-Steelers fan band!
    http://www.machfive.us

Pro Bowler

I could have chosen this one instead:

ASIAN... thanks, brotha!

Legend
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia

Chadman predicts that the Steelers will play the Eagles this week.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

Prizemoney- $28,050.00