Thread: Florida v Tennessee

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Florida v Tennessee

Boy, this should stir up some comments... Maybe.... ... Personally, I don't think Tenn stands a chance against Florida... And I can only hope that "Rocky Top" is played by the Tenn band less than 100 times!....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Florida vs. Tennessee
    By Scouts, Inc
    Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Florida offense vs. Tennessee defense

True, Florida is averaging 41.0 points per game, but that statistic is misleading because of a 56-point outburst against an overmatched Hawaii squad in the season opener. In fact, the Gators' offense scored just seven points in the first three quarters against Miami two weeks ago, and a ground game that currently ranks eighth in the SEC is reason for concern. One of the biggest reasons for Florida's struggles on the ground has been the inconsistent play of the offensive line, and the Gators hope the return of LG Jim Tartt from a shoulder injury will give the front five a boost. Coming off a bye week doesn't hurt Florida's chances of sparking the run game, either. RB/WR Percy Harvin, who has been limited by a heel injury, should be fresh, and the offensive line has had an extra week to prepare for Tennessee's defensive front.

In addition, the Volunteers had some problems containing mobile UAB QB Joe Webb last week, so there's reason to be optimistic about Gators QB Tim Tebow's ability to pick up yards with his feet. However, the Gators will still have their work cut out for them against the Volunteers' front seven. DT Demonte Bolden is strong enough to hold his own and quick enough to disrupt plays in the backfield. Behind him is MLB Ellix Wilson, who has 19 tackles in two games, so RBs Kestahn Moore, Chris Rainey and Emmanuel Moody should find tough sledding when they run between the tackles. In addition, WLB Rico McCoy is a second-year starter whose familiarity with Florida's scheme and above-average range make him less likely to get caught out of position. As a result, Harvin should have a tougher time getting outside when the Gators run at McCoy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Florida v Tennessee

I think I would wet myself laughing if Tenn beat Florida. It would give me great joy. I despise Fla almost as much as Michigan. And that is saying something.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

part of the reason that we have such bad rushing stats is because we play on such a short field. Brandon James has been extremely consistent. oh yea, we also scored a few defensive td's and forced a few TO's on enemy territory.
    I hate Tenn. they don't stand a chance. to say that we only scored 7 in three quarters against Miami.. who cares. tenn got beat by a terrible UCLA team.

steeld95

Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    And I can only hope that "Rocky Top" is played by the Tenn band less than 100 times!....
    man, I know what you mean....it is even worse when you are at a Tennessee game...it is so annoying!!!

I'm not so sure this will be a blowout as many think....UT has not looked good this year, but they still do have plenty of talent....Their qb doesn't look good, but if he can play a good game, they definitely have a shot....people seem to forget, UF lost 4 games last year! UT has to stay in the game early....if not, then it might be a long day for them...but UT still does have some talent.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeld95
    man, I know what you mean....it is even worse when you are at a Tennessee game...it is so annoying!!!

I'm not so sure this will be a blowout as many think....UT has not looked good this year, but they still do have plenty of talent....Their qb doesn't look good, but if he can play a good game, they definitely have a shot....people seem to forget, UF lost 4 games last year! UT has to stay in the game early....if not, then it might be a long day for them...but UT still does have some talent.
    I really hate that song... I saw an Alabama game there in Knoxville, and it just about drove me nuts!... A buddy of mine that owns a bar (and is a huge Tenn fan) had a tape cassette of that song behind the bar and would play it a gazillion times during a game... Two years ago during the Florida game, I actually took it out of the player, took it outside and put it under my tire, ran over it, and took it back inside for him!...

...I really don't think it will be a blow-out. This is one of those games where both teams dislike eachother enough that the records could be tossed out the window. Early momentum will definitely be the key, IMO as well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Florida and USC are the ONLY teams playing consistently great football. Tenn didn't stand a chance today. Brandon james is the man! Timmy wont win the heisman this year because he can't get the stats that he needs thanks to how great we are playing as a team.

steeld95

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Tenn didn't stand a chance today.
    Yep, this game was over after the first drive. I honestly thought UT would have some pride and keep it close, guess not...It is looking more and more like UT really sucks...UCLA is obviously not a good team, so that win over UT looks really bad now....

UF is going to be tough to beat. Tebow has more weapons this year...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeld95
    Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis
    Tenn didn't stand a chance today.
    Yep, this game was over after the first drive. I honestly thought UT would have some pride and keep it close, guess not...It is looking more and more like UT really sucks...UCLA is obviously not a good team, so that win over UT looks really bad now....

UF is going to be tough to beat. Tebow has more weapons this year...

So that would bring Fulmer's tenure into question wouldn't it? Tennessee is still pretty good but while he has maintained that talent level, the SEC has blown past him...no? This is just from an outside observer, I don't follow them too much, but they haven't been doing too well this season from what I can tell.
    http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo156/shiek2134/SHIEK.jpg?t=1299014285

steeld95

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Shiek

So that would bring Fulmer's tenure into question wouldn't it?
    Yep, I don't see him being there past this year, unless they pull some miracle and win the SEC. Don't see that happening. I know most of their fans want him gone. If the rich donors start putting pressure on the administration, they pretty much have no choice. Alot of fans wanted him gone a few years ago, but that ring from 98 has helped him hang on to the job.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ShawnMedGuy
    I think I would wet myself laughing if Tenn beat Florida. It would give me great joy. I despise Fla almost as much as Michigan. And that is saying something.

Florida is no OSU.... we win games. Especially National Championship Games.