Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: Anyone Record The Game?

  1. #11
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    22,011

    Re: Anyone Record The Game?

    Quote Originally Posted by bdeff
    Jigawatt you can buy the game recap from i-tunes for 1.99

    Its like 11 minutes long and its just shows the action of the game, no huddles etc.
    Isn't Cos2k1's quarter-by-quarter video recap about 11 minutes long when you add them all together? I watched them all last night, but can't access them here at work, so I am not sure about the total elapsed time, but you get all the major plays there for free.

    http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3...php?f=2&t=2259

  2. #12
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,469

    Re: Anyone Record The Game?

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by bdeff
    Jigawatt you can buy the game recap from i-tunes for 1.99

    Its like 11 minutes long and its just shows the action of the game, no huddles etc.
    Isn't Cos2k1's quarter-by-quarter video recap about 11 minutes long when you add them all together? I watched them all last night, but can't access them here at work, so I am not sure about the total elapsed time, but you get all the major plays there for free.

    http://www.planetsteelers.com/phpBB3...php?f=2&t=2259
    Sweet. I haven't had a chance to watch any highlights yet, so I'm gonna take
    a break and watch that that now.

  3. #13
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!
    Posts
    1,574

    Re: Anyone Record The Game?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Jig,
    I can get you a VCR tape recording of the game. Let me know if you want it.
    My wife sold our last VCR in a garage sale about a month ago. I told her we'd need it.
    If I can't get the game on DVD I'll let you know about the tape. I'm sure I can find a
    VCR somewhere.

    I assume you have power... you bastage.

    We're hearing it could be Thursday, maybe Saturday until we get ours back.
    Jig,
    Never lost power, thank goodness. My head would've popped off I'm afraid. Let me know about the VCR tape.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

  4. #14
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,469

    Re: Anyone Record The Game?

    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigawatts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNation1
    Jig,
    I can get you a VCR tape recording of the game. Let me know if you want it.
    My wife sold our last VCR in a garage sale about a month ago. I told her we'd need it.
    If I can't get the game on DVD I'll let you know about the tape. I'm sure I can find a
    VCR somewhere.

    I assume you have power... you bastage.

    We're hearing it could be Thursday, maybe Saturday until we get ours back.
    Jig,
    Never lost power, thank goodness. My head would've popped off I'm afraid. Let me know about the VCR tape.
    Dude, my lights starting flickering about ten minutes before the game. Then the power
    went out, and then came back on for a few minutes. Then it went on and off about
    3 times and one last time right before kickoff.

    The girls just went to bed so we couldn't take them over to the in-laws in Hubbard.
    I have a few friends within 3 minutes of my house, but they all lost power and since
    we have so many trees around the house, I didn't want to leave the wife and kids there
    by themselves and not be within 5 minutes of them. So even though I was driving my
    wife crazy pacing around the house, I couldn't just go to a bar or drive out to the
    inlaws to watch the game. Those trees were swaying like crazy and I was too afraid
    of one falling on the house.

    After nervously pacing, I just sat in the dark with a little radio and a bag of cheetos.
    It was very pathetic.

    Anyway, I'll let you know about the tape. I just pm'd NKy about a DVD. So hopefully
    he has it recorded and can come through.

  5. #15
    BIG FAN
    Guest

    Re: Anyone Record The Game?

    We fortunately did not lose our power, but did lose direct t.v capability.
    On the downstairs set. Couldn't' tivo the game but I did get to at least see it.
    What a windstorm! I thought a transformer blew or a cannon went off, when I heard and saw the neighbor's tree across the street as a branch about two feet in diameter snapped. Outside our windows it looked like you would expect Dorothy and Toto to come spinning past any second. It was that freakish. At least it seems everyone got through it in one piece. Thank God.

  6. #16
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    1,272

    Re: Anyone Record The Game?

    I can burn it for ya Jig!!! I record all the games and I was one of the lucky ones not to lose power here in NE Ohio!!!!! Let me know if you still need it!!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,469

    Re: Anyone Record The Game?

    Quote Originally Posted by AkronSteel
    I can burn it for ya Jig!!! I record all the games and I was one of the lucky ones not to lose power here in NE Ohio!!!!! Let me know if you still need it!!
    Check your messages.

  8. #18
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,113

    Re: Anyone Record The Game?

    Akron, I may also request a copy, or maybe get one from jig....

    ...Our power went out around 1:30pm Sunday. Shortly thereafter, the winds picked up even more... They say we had 74mph winds here... The damage was somewhat extensive here for me... I lost my roof. Literally... And the insurance agents/adjusters for State Farm are impossible to contact... Already getting estimates for the roof replacement, though... My satellite dish was found in the neighbors' yard two houses up the street... Still no power at my house (I'm in an internet cafe for a little bit that has power, but just sucks, but I still make a stop here every day until I get power), but they say we might have it back tomorrow or Friday... At the height of the windstorm (no rain at all), they say 90% of the Cincinnati area was w/o power, and it may be a week or so before everyone is hooked back up... It's spotty right now in many areas. Cell phone reception is getting better, but mine didn't work on Monday...

    ...But the big thing was my dish... Directv said they cannot get anyone out till Oct 1st to repair/replace/re-install it due to storm repair work... It's not gonna be fun the next few weeks of the season for me...

    Let me tell you... Repeated cold showers, no cooking, no hope of satellite reception, and no cold beer really sucks!... But man, you should have seen the spread I put out for the neighborhood on the grill on Monday! (the food was "use it or lose it...")

  9. #19
    Pro Bowler Jigawatts's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Around The Way, OH
    Posts
    2,469

    Re: Anyone Record The Game?

    Keep hanging in there NKy. I got my power back this morning.

    It's a good thing to, because my house was starting to look like Lord of the Flies.

    My older daughter was running around with face paint on, demanding Scooby Doo.

    The younger one just had a mean look on her face for 3 days and threatened to crawl
    over to the generator so she could hook me up to it.

    I told her "you can't talk or crawl, so go back to staring at nothing and laughing, and
    leave me alone."

    My wife beat me with a maglite that didn't work.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mineral Ridge, Ohio (Where the standard of expectation does not change)!!!
    Posts
    1,574

    Re: Anyone Record The Game?

    Quote Originally Posted by NKySteeler
    Akron, I may also request a copy, or maybe get one from jig....

    ...Our power went out around 1:30pm Sunday. Shortly thereafter, the winds picked up even more... They say we had 74mph winds here... The damage was somewhat extensive here for me... I lost my roof. Literally... And the insurance agents/adjusters for State Farm are impossible to contact... Already getting estimates for the roof replacement, though... My satellite dish was found in the neighbors' yard two houses up the street... Still no power at my house (I'm in an internet cafe for a little bit that has power, but just sucks, but I still make a stop here every day until I get power), but they say we might have it back tomorrow or Friday... At the height of the windstorm (no rain at all), they say 90% of the Cincinnati area was w/o power, and it may be a week or so before everyone is hooked back up... It's spotty right now in many areas. Cell phone reception is getting better, but mine didn't work on Monday...

    ...But the big thing was my dish... Directv said they cannot get anyone out till Oct 1st to repair/replace/re-install it due to storm repair work... It's not gonna be fun the next few weeks of the season for me...

    Let me tell you... Repeated cold showers, no cooking, no hope of satellite reception, and no cold beer really sucks!... But man, you should have seen the spread I put out for the neighborhood on the grill on Monday! (the food was "use it or lose it...")
    Homer: "No TV and no beer, make Homer something, something."
    Marge: "Go crazy???"
    Homer: "Don't mind if I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHHHHAHAHHHHAHH!"

    Your story reminded me of that Simpsons episode. Seriously though, I feel for everyone who lost power. That sucks. Hang in there.
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ion1/sn1-1.jpg http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...ns_44958-1.jpg
    South End Zone...Screaming My Head Off...Every Game! 111 consecutive and counting.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •