Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody see the Wood Interview

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Anybody see the Wood Interview

Quote Originally Posted by asiansteel
    Write it down, next year The Wood will be our defensive captain. I remember the summer of his rookie training camp that the coaches remarked the level of maturity this young man possessed, his committment to his craft and work ethic he displayed on the field. This is huge for this organization that we have a leader that will not only lead with his words but his example as well. Last year there was an article on him stating that he wanted to crack the starting line-up this year and make an impact on the field so that he can help be a leader of this defensive unit. I remember reading this and thinking, what determination.... confident but not cocky. This is yet another example of why this organization has flourished throughout the years, because its committed to finding character people to put on the roster. Between Wood and FWP winning NFL honors this week, this season may prove to be something special for our devoted fanbase. Its great to be part of "The Nation!"
    Not as long as Silverback plays for the Steelers. He (Silverback) brings too much intensity and attitude not make him the defensive captain. My 20 cents... :P

Pappy

Trade 20 & 119 to Tampa for 26/57

1.26 - Graham Barton, OC/G, Duke
    2.51 - Xavier Leggette, WR, South Carolina
    2.57 - Braden Fiske, DT, FSU
    3.84 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    3.98 - T'Vondre Sweat, DT, Texas
    7.178 - Joe Milton III, QB, Tennessee
    7.195 - Omar Speights, LB, LSU

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Re: Anybody see the Wood Interview

Quote Originally Posted by BigBen2112
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    He went to UMich which is a great academic institution. If he actually attempted to apply himself then he probably did well for himself.

that is very true. they may have had some down years lately but umich is an excellent school and they have an excellent program, unlike some others in the little ten
    I could care less about their football program. Their academic institution is in my opinion second to NONE in the US for state schools. Some will say the UC's like UCLA and UC Berkeley, BUT I say that UMich Med/Law/Business School/Undergraduate schools outweigh ever so slightly UCLA and UC Berkeley. I think for undergraduate they are ranked 26th nationally while Berkeley (21), UVA (23), and UCLA (25). So for undergraduate they are very competitive and I think their graduate schools are better.
    Hey, buddy! I went to Cornell, which is an Ivy League school. While part of it is a private university (College of Architecture, Art, and Planning, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Engineering, School of Hotel Administration, Graduate School, Law School, Johnson Graduate School of Management, and the off-campus Medical Schools), another part is the considered to be the land grant college of New York (College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, College of Human Ecology, School of Industrial and Labor Relations, and College of Veterinary Medicine), making them statutory colleges which are partially funded within the SUNY system (my friends that were New York residents in one of the statutory colleges paid significantly less than I did as a Pennsylvania resident in one of the private colleges). We suck at football, though (but have a pretty good hockey team).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.