Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Anybody see the Wood Interview

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Flasteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on the water.
    Posts
    2,582

    Anybody see the Wood Interview

    ...on ESPN News? My buddy was the one doing the interview and gave me a heads-up, but I didn't have time to pass it along to the Planet. It was pretty good, but like most interviews, nothing earth-shattering was revealed.

    I sent an email to my friend and told him what I thought he should touch on (Woodley's stat line, his first ever pick on any level, etc...) and sure enough those were the exact questions and subjects he touched on. The funny thing was he never looked at my email prior to the interview and thought I somehow stole his script.

    Woodley is not only an obvious terror on the field, but he comes off as well-spoken (especially for such a young guy), enthusiastic, and an all-around solid type of guy. What a tremendous acquisition for this franchise...he could wind up being the best second round pick this team as ever had.



    "I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

    "Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


    -Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

  2. #2

    Re: Anybody see the Wood Interview

    Good stuff,Fla.I agree on all points about Wood.I think that he'll be a terror for years to come.

  3. #3
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Stuart, FL
    Posts
    9,215

    Re: Anybody see the Wood Interview

    Dang...no, I didn't see it.

  4. #4
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    South West Indiana
    Posts
    2,091

    Re: Anybody see the Wood Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    What a tremendous acquisition for this franchise...he could wind up being the best second round pick this team as ever had.

    This would be great for the franchise if this ended up happening. That would mean Woodley would be better than Mr. Jack Lambert!!


  5. #5
    BigBen2112
    Guest

    Re: Anybody see the Wood Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    ...on ESPN News? My buddy was the one doing the interview and gave me a heads-up, but I didn't have time to pass it along to the Planet. It was pretty good, but like most interviews, nothing earth-shattering was revealed.

    I sent an email to my friend and told him what I thought he should touch on (Woodley's stat line, his first ever pick on any level, etc...) and sure enough those were the exact questions and subjects he touched on. The funny thing was he never looked at my email prior to the interview and thought I somehow stole his script.

    Woodley is not only an obvious terror on the field, but he comes off as well-spoken (especially for such a young guy), enthusiastic, and an all-around solid type of guy. What a tremendous acquisition for this franchise...he could wind up being the best second round pick this team as ever had.
    He went to UMich which is a great academic institution. If he actually attempted to apply himself then he probably did well for himself.

  6. #6
    Legend RuthlessBurgher's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Posts
    21,992

    Re: Anybody see the Wood Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    What a tremendous acquisition for this franchise...he could wind up being the best second round pick this team as ever had.

    This would be great for the franchise if this ended up happening. That would mean Woodley would be better than Mr. Jack Lambert!!

    And Jack Ham, and Dermontti Dawson, and Carnell Lake were also great 2nd rounders.

    Although with only that one start under his belt, he's already surpassed the contributions of 2nd round picks Ricardo Colclough, Alonzo Jackson, Scott Shields, and Jeremy Staat combined.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Flasteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Somewhere on the water.
    Posts
    2,582

    Re: Anybody see the Wood Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozey74
    Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel
    What a tremendous acquisition for this franchise...he could wind up being the best second round pick this team as ever had.

    This would be great for the franchise if this ended up happening. That would mean Woodley would be better than Mr. Jack Lambert!!

    And Jack Ham, and Dermontti Dawson, and Carnell Lake were also great 2nd rounders.

    Although with only that one start under his belt, he's already surpassed the contributions of 2nd round picks Ricardo Colclough, Alonzo Jackson, Scott Shields, and Jeremy Staat combined.

    Good call Ruthless.

    I started thinking the same thing with Lambert coming to mind right away, so I started a separate thread ranking the all-time greatest picks in each slot. Check it out.



    "I hate him. Everybody says I'm supposed to be polite when I talk to you all, but I hate him..." "He talks too much, he doesn't make sense, he's fat, he's sloppy, he acts like he's the best thing since sliced bread. He's ugly, he stinks, his mouth stinks, his breath stinks, and basically his soul stinks, too.

    "Not too many people have personalities like that and survive in life. I don't know how he does it."


    -Kris Jenkins on Warren Sapp

  8. #8
    Hall of Famer AngryAsian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,014

    Re: Anybody see the Wood Interview

    Write it down, next year The Wood will be our defensive captain. I remember the summer of his rookie training camp that the coaches remarked the level of maturity this young man possessed, his committment to his craft and work ethic he displayed on the field. This is huge for this organization that we have a leader that will not only lead with his words but his example as well. Last year there was an article on him stating that he wanted to crack the starting line-up this year and make an impact on the field so that he can help be a leader of this defensive unit. I remember reading this and thinking, what determination.... confident but not cocky. This is yet another example of why this organization has flourished throughout the years, because its committed to finding character people to put on the roster. Between Wood and FWP winning NFL honors this week, this season may prove to be something special for our devoted fanbase. Its great to be part of "The Nation!"

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,755

    Re: Anybody see the Wood Interview

    He went to UMich which is a great academic institution. If he actually attempted to apply himself then he probably did well for himself.

    that is very true. they may have had some down years lately but umich is an excellent school and they have an excellent program, unlike some others in the little ten

  10. #10
    BigBen2112
    Guest

    Re: Anybody see the Wood Interview

    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank1
    He went to UMich which is a great academic institution. If he actually attempted to apply himself then he probably did well for himself.

    that is very true. they may have had some down years lately but umich is an excellent school and they have an excellent program, unlike some others in the little ten
    I could care less about their football program. Their academic institution is in my opinion second to NONE in the US for state schools. Some will say the UC's like UCLA and UC Berkeley, BUT I say that UMich Med/Law/Business School/Undergraduate schools outweigh ever so slightly UCLA and UC Berkeley. I think for undergraduate they are ranked 26th nationally while Berkeley (21), UVA (23), and UCLA (25). So for undergraduate they are very competitive and I think their graduate schools are better.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •